George Green Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does one of these interviews every few months after he's been binned by another club and he's looking for sympathy, no doubt he'll go back to playing the billy big bollocks and taking nonstop swipes at previous clubs and their fans when he suckers some new club to give him a deal
Fair play. If that's his game...and attitude..then he is a knob head!

It’s a difficult one. Get the feeling anyone who acts like a plum, makes poor choices can play the mental illness card these days. Isn’t that a bit insulting to those who have genuine mental illness?

Isn’t he just like hundreds of other bellends in football? We’ve had a few like him over the years.

I had heard he was going to be the next big thing, unfortunately so did he. I feel sorry for him whether its self induced or not. To have the ability to do that and not be able to fulfill it.

Clear there's one or two knobheads in here. I could act like a right tosser sometimes when I was at my lowest- it was a way of covering up those gaping holes in your confidence/ vulnerability. When you're healthier, you realise you don't need to. As he's said.

Fingers crossed ones quick to judge go through it themselves one day.

It’s a difficult one. Get the feeling anyone who acts like a plum, makes poor choices can play the mental illness card these days. Isn’t that a bit insulting to those who have genuine mental illness?

Isn’t he just like hundreds of other bellends in football? We’ve had a few like him over the years.

The being a plum and having a mental illness are two separate things. Maybe he was a plum due to the illness (see my above post- covering for perceived inadequacies) or perhaps it was his personality.

Unless you know him personally in both states, stick away from judging. ;)

Or be a tool, and judge away.

Clear there's one or two knobheads in here. I could act like a right tosser sometimes when I was at my lowest- it was a way of covering up those gaping holes in your confidence/ vulnerability. When you're healthier, you realise you don't need to. As he's said.

Fingers crossed ones quick to judge go through it themselves one day.

Maybe they have mental issues and covering up their vulnerability?

Maybe they have mental issues and covering up their vulnerability?

Maybe so. But, like I would call a person uncomfortable with their own sexuality who then is homophobic a knobhead, I'll stand by calling someone digging at someone with a MH issue a knobhead, a knobhead.

I would challenge that anyone who has gone through those difficulties would then actually go on to belittle them.

Seems that there is a fair bit of beef between him and unsworth.

I had heard little rumblings in the past that unsworth can be a bit tough on some youngsters vs others. The other rumbling was that big dunc fell out with him over it.

When you're 16-17, and you're taking in £1,500-2,000 a week, it's gonna do ridiculous things to you.

If i was getting that now, i'd probably be a bit tool tbh, you lost sight of a few things when you're younger and when you're 16-17 and have the weight of the world on you, move from your home to a new area and have all this money, I expect it will mess you up. I expect he had a lot of "hangers on", giving him some unhelpful advice.

Mental health is such a big thing, which seemingly many do not understand. Okay, he's acted a bit silly, but full credit for admitting it. That's the first step.

Status
Not open for further replies.