• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

George Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should still be supportive though

That's my point

Rather than dismiss these lads, let's support them. Let's put some pressure on the club to give the promising one's a chance

Let's just not be so quick to write them off

That's all. Give them a fair shake of the stick

(This isn't targeted at you BTW but the fan base as a whole)

You saw it creeping in even with Browning and Galloway last season. People are almost desperate to write the young lads off

You're seeing it with Ross Barkley now and Bryan Oviedo (Not from the youth set up but a younger player who was brought in and had to earn his place)

There almost seems to be a need for these lads to fail

I just don't get it and never have

Give them a chance to botch before you call for their heads

...it's a positive and worthwhile discussion. I think the view from fans has very little impact on the players or coaches. Day to day assessment is being made, day to day discussions on performance takes place, youngsters will be supported and encouraged but the vast majority will fail to hit the mark.

In respect of folk on here and supporters in general we need to manage expectation.

Oh ffs, this again, Mikey.

99% of young lads who are good enough get the chance.

Most simply aren't up to it, that's a fact, and you can't give them a "chance" because it could well cost you points.
Exactly very few will reach the first team standard. If we get one every two or so seasons it will be money well spent and a success.

If they wont make it it's better for them to find their level so they can rebuild and have a decent career in the lower leagues.

Unfortunately the overwhelming majority of young players will not make the grade. It has always been the same.

The percentage of players that actually prove the system wrong is tiny .

I feel for all the youngsters, but maybe for others more than George Green who,it would appear, may not have had the greatest attitude.

Although it is hard for any of us to know. The coaches who deal with these lads on a daily basis see all sides of their character.

We should still be supportive though

That's my point

Rather than dismiss these lads, let's support them. Let's put some pressure on the club to give the promising one's a chance

Let's just not be so quick to write them off

That's all. Give them a fair shake of the stick

(This isn't targeted at you BTW but the fan base as a whole)

You saw it creeping in even with Browning and Galloway last season. People are almost desperate to write the young lads off

You're seeing it with Ross Barkley now and Bryan Oviedo (Not from the youth set up but a younger player who was brought in and had to earn his place)

There almost seems to be a need for these lads to fail

I just don't get it and never have

Give them a chance to botch before you call for their heads
investing nearly 2m into a player is pretty supportive.

If he cant sort himself out with all that help then we have no choice but to let him go.

As for the other players we aren't a charity if they aren't good enough then they aren't good enough.

My gaffer at work is related to his bird well at least the one he introduces as his girlfriend, they have been together from school before he joined the acedemy so he has been telling me some of the stuff that has been going on, in short he is a bellend and has pi**ed his chance up the wall.

In his time there he has repeatedly returned to Bradford area to see friends when under curfew, gone out and got drunk bringing girls back to his digs, when warned he has been abusive to staff, leading one of the coaches to refuse to work with him. After being shipped out to Tranmere as a clearly detailed "last chance saloon" he got drunk following his first goal and failed to report for training.

Through all of this Everton had supported him even visiting the girl and her parents to discuss the option of moving them over to Liverpool to see if that would be a calming influence. It seems they have finally lost patience.

He believes he is or already has signed for Portsmouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back