• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

George Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes spot on. It was a great Strength for Gary Neville to do what he did, but in many ways it does show a lack of humanity. From a footballing perspective George probably should have binned his old mates. From a human perspective it is fully understandable. It's always underpinned my belief really, that talent is only a small part of what is needed to be a professional, having a mental strength goes a long way too.

Everton of course do do a lot for younger players. I've seem Phil Jevons was back coaching our kids. O'Brien who won the youth cup with us is doing the same. Kenwright is a sentimentalist. However what he and Everton can never do is replace the culture that is involved in elite sport. It is a game that almost every young person would give a great deal to have the chance to succeed in. In some cases a game that they would turn their back on every friend they have just to give themselves a better chance of being given an opportunity. Only the very best will succeed. We might not like that, but as fans we demand the best Everton team we can have and in the end there will always be consequences to in their quest for perfection.

It should be noted that there is nothing official on George being an alcoholic yet in spite of the speculation! I think we should be wary of speculating about any alleged illness he may or may not have, other than to say he has found it difficult to make the transition into pro football at the moment.
You don't get many alcoholics at just 19. I am told the problem is more to do with CMP.

Does anyone genuinely wish him the best or just the 'not coming back to bite everton in the arse' best

I'm more saying that it's not very proper or kind to mindlessly speculate if he had problem with alcohol or other substances.

And I suppose at the same time it doesn't come back to bite us

I'm just sadden for the boy. Seems like when some boyes are labelled "the new...", they seem to fade away. Having Branch, Cademarteri, Kissock and Baxter in mind, is seems like the label is too heavy for those only ones who was strong enough was Rooney and Jeffers

I'm just sadden for the boy. Seems like when some boyes are labelled "the new...", they seem to fade away. Having Branch, Cademarteri, Kissock and Baxter in mind, is seems like the label is too heavy for those only ones who was strong enough was Rooney and Jeffers

....I think some of these kids are problematic already, they come through because they are talented and play with no fear but lack the discipline/attitude to be a professional. The ones that make it are rounded, they have a bit about them with the willingness to succeed. Family helps I think.

You don't get many alcoholics at just 19. I am told the problem is more to do with CMP.

Student of mine is 19 and a recovering alchoholic. Just saying, might not be as well publicised as the stereotypical Pub bench wino or bored alchoholic housewife but still occurs nonetheless.

what is it with second chance footballers going to oldham? Have they the loosest morals in the league or something?

I hope, like i did baxter, that he enjoys himself and fulfils his early potential. Be nice to see him getting promoted to the premier league one day or being our big summer signing one day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back