Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Undoubtedly very talented and the potential to become world class. Everyone can see this kid has something special in his locker. At the same time the most frustrating player in our squad for me.

He said in the Liverpool Echo: “Until you so somewhere else you don’t know what you’ve got.

I'm sorry but what?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...lofeu-reflects-on-season-long-loan-at-everton

Just saw this on SSN. Mentions that he thought he deserved more playing time. Personally I think he was handled very well and had plenty of time on the pitch considering his injury

I wouldn't read too much into that, he was probably actually asked 'did you think you deserved more playing time?'. He'd be quite an unambitious character if he'd said no.

What I love about Gerard is that despite his flaws, he is completely different to anything we had or have in our squad. That 'unpredictable' type of player is what sends the willys up defenders. I really hope we get someone in again as raw and unique as him this window.

He was a great lad who you could tell really appreciated the support and felt like one of us whilst he was here.

On the pitch he was great in spots and mediocre in others but that was hardly surprising given his age. Scored a few vital goals and gave a fair few defences nightmares. He was best player in our team I felt when his injury struck which was really unfortunate for both us and him, otherwise he would have gotten more game time. When he came back though and as the season wore on many full-backs began to get wise to him and he faded out.

I'd give him a 7.5/10 for the season and if we were offered the chance to have him back I'd definitely say yes, he's clearly a great talent but also clearly wasn't close to being the full article yet. He really does need another year on loan.

Overall, based on what we saw last year, I honestly don't think he's got a prayer of getting in Barcelona's team AT THE MOMENT. Good luck to him anyway though, hopefully he forever holds a soft sport for us.

Last edited:

I honestly think he was really overrated when he was playing for us. Sure he has bags of potential and define flair/skill. But did he do much for us?

I honestly think he was really overrated when he was playing for us. Sure he has bags of potential and define flair/skill. But did he do much for us?
He was brilliant against Stoke, Fulham (when he got hurt), and Newcastle away. Also the Arsenal away goal.

Still young and got hurt as soon as he started to get going. He'll be brilliant, and I would love him back for a season.

He was brilliant against Stoke, Fulham (when he got hurt), and Newcastle away. Also the Arsenal away goal.

Still young and got hurt as soon as he started to get going. He'll be brilliant, and I would love him back for a season.

That injury spell and recovering from it ruined his loan time here, and because of which I do not think we had a decent look at him playing.

I can't see why he is complaining. Clearly, he's still showing signs of his youth and inexperience, and I certainly felt that when he returned from injury, something which, in my opinion should never have taken 3-4 months to recover from, he was a shadow of his former self, now that may have been because he just wasn't fit, but at 19-20, he shouldn't be having them worries, he didn't seem bothered as he was definitely going back to Barca regardless after his impressive first half, or simply was just not fit.

But the glimpses we saw, showed that he could be a cracking player in the future, but needs to change his attitude, from being an individual, into a team player. Good Luck to him. As for the comments? Pinch of salt, i'm sure he's just trying to say well, I was better than what Everton showed, and i am good enough for Barca.

He said which of these two view points do you agree with. You said both. So yes you did say you agreed with both.

Tbh I have always thourght you were somebody on a wind up, this post confirms it for me.

That viewpoint sounds vaguely familiar

Which one? There's two viewpoints in that post. Deulofeu's view that he thought he deserved more playing time or the poster who thought he was handled very well and had plenty of time on the pitch considering his injury. Personally I agree with the latter

Where in there do I agree with both viewpoints?...The poster asked me which one and I responded with both as in both viewpoints sounds vaguely familar

Think he should keep quiet, I get the feeling he thinks he's better than how he really is.

He got 25 games this season, quite an attitude if he thinks he should have gotten more.

Think he should keep quiet, I get the feeling he thinks he's better than how he really is.

He got 25 games this season, quite an attitude if he thinks he should have gotten more.
Did he start 25 games yeah?

He's played for Barca since he was about 7 and when he was about 9 he was on 140k per year or something ridiculous that one (Nike contract. The last person they done that for was Messi.)

If that was me then I'd think I was better tbh.

He also said good things about Everton, he was glad he come to us as he grew as a person and all that. He shouldn't have said that as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back