Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course we would have him back. We would be windmilling if we got him on a perm. He's still only 20 and a bit like Barkley was far too hyped.

However in a couple of years will definitely be as good as someone like Jesus Navas and possibly even better.

Will we get him? Right now I think it's almost certain he won't be at Barca next season or Sevilla. He probably will also want to go to a club he will see game time which means he will either go to a club like us or someone like Celta Viga.

So it just depends on how much he enjoyed it here and if he can stomach the weather plus are we actually going to invest in the squad or is it a case of making do with what we have until the stadium is built. I think we would find the money even if Mirallas stays given his age and potential.

B_HcSTPU0AI3RTc.jpg

Even Denis Suarez who figured prominently for Sevilla earlier has been benched. Emery is wacky but they did manage to pull off an impressive upset of Villarreal last night - didn't see that coming

Deulo will hopefully be rescued by the new board

Even Denis Suarez who figured prominently for Sevilla earlier has been benched. Emery is wacky but they did manage to pull off an impressive upset of Villarreal last night - didn't see that coming

Deulo will hopefully be rescued by the new board
But Enrique doesn't seem to like Geri anymore than Emery does. Regardless of the board it is the manager who picks who plays, so if Enrique is still at Barcelona next season can't see Deulofeu getting much game time which he sorely needs to develop.

Given how it seems he's been handled, i cannot see Gerard fulfulling his potential at Barcelona. Just wont happen imo. He needs to leave and go somewhere that makes him the players he looks like he could be.

Given how it seems he's been handled, i cannot see Gerard fulfulling his potential at Barcelona. Just wont happen imo. He needs to leave and go somewhere that makes him the players he looks like he could be.
Try les sof the posting of this mate and more of the tweeting of this to @DEULFLEU

But Enrique doesn't seem to like Geri anymore than Emery does. Regardless of the board it is the manager who picks who plays, so if Enrique is still at Barcelona next season can't see Deulofeu getting much game time which he sorely needs to develop.

The board changes many things. Bearing in mind this is the same board that several times made personnel changes against what even Pep wanted nevermind trying to sell Messi. So I don't think Lucho would have anymore latitude

Lucho is a club legend but he's also neither Catalan nor a La Masia product. A very intense personality, not unlike Emery for some things but even as a player he had a ferocious manner to his play. Same coach that had a fairly publicized spat with Messi to the point that there's rumoured to be a freeze in dialog between the two.

However, there's no doubt that Geri is in a tough spot. I already thought he was more out than in after he was sent to Sevilla but now that he's been benched there it could push him further out of the club

Everyone can debate the finer points about what he's lacking in his game or what he's not working hard enough to improve but no cantera player in a decade has been as poorly handled as Deulofeu. Cantera players at least get a shot with the first team if not a season and the biggest promise of the club didn't? That'd be a bitter pill for any footballer but a Catalan one with a personality like his who has rebuffed poaching from England for years? Like the gutter the club has found themselves in with today's indictment of Rosell & Bartomeu, this board is capable of things that have never happened at the club before.

So, a new board, especially if Laporta returns, could dramatically course correct the club & its disastrous policies of late and that includes Deulofeu...Because if nothing else, a new board very often brings in their coach & transfers too...And since Lucho has shown he isn't trusting Deulofeu then either he wins everything or he'll be changed too

For the player though, he simply has to play - regardless of where but gets minutes against top competition..Can't be doing his confidence any good and the fact that he isn't even in the match squad suggests he's in the proverbial doghouse - maybe for his barking to the press, maybe for failing to convince Emery in training...So while he doesn't need to be coddled, he certainly deserves better than he's gotten

In Emery's defense, despite having been poor in the Primera of late, Vitolo & Gameiro have been in great form...Yet that wouldn't explain why even Denis Suarez isn't playing any longer either...Hard to comprehend but Sevilla are wise to stick to the players they've financially invested in rather than loanees...Another reason to despise loans, IMHO

For the player though, he simply has to play - regardless of where but gets minutes against top competition..Can't be doing his confidence any good and the fact that he isn't even in the match squad suggests he's in the proverbial doghouse - maybe for his barking to the press, maybe for failing to convince Emery in training...So while he doesn't need to be coddled, he certainly deserves better than he's gotten

In Emery's defense, despite having been poor in the Primera of late, Vitolo & Gameiro have been in great form...Yet that wouldn't explain why even Denis Suarez isn't playing any longer either...Hard to comprehend but Sevilla are wise to stick to the players they've financially invested in rather than loanees...Another reason to despise loans, IMHO
Agree but you weren't this understanding of Martinez at the same point last season when he was trying to balance giving a new McGeady and recovering Barkley and Deulofeu game time whilst maintaining our push for the CL spots.

Agree but you weren't this understanding of Martinez at the same point last season when he was trying to balance giving a new McGeady and recovering Barkley and Deulofeu game time whilst maintaining our push for the CL spots.

Lukaku, Mirallas & Barkely notwithstanding, most Spanish clubs have a higher technical level across their squads - so in addition to being virtually unplayable each & everytime he played, Martinez' use of him didn't make much sense. Early on all I could think was that Roberto was trying to strategize how best to keep him longer than one season. Plus, Roberto always has come across as more intelligent than rash or emotional (Emery/Lucho) about squad selection which also begged the question of why not play him more.

McGeady was a late addition and benefited only because Geri had gotten injured otherwise Deulofeu was really finding his form at the time. I give Sevilla a bit more latitude because they don't have the revenue of Everton & Premiership TV money - they have to succeed in Europa league and scrap for every nickel

I keep thinking about how excited the player was to arrive back in Barcelona and attend his first training after a fairly successful spell with Everton - then barely play in preseason and get shipped back out on loan...All while Munir, Adama & Sandro all got more chances than him. I think he's deserved better and I'm certainly not alone in thinking this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back