Goalkeeper..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurrah, a link!! Thankyou. Not being defensive, just bored of ignorant fuckwits on this forum who spend there time being clever rather than talking about everton who believe it or not or the basis of this forum.

Grow up, shut up
Your the only one being an aggressive beut, all you have to do is use the search function to find the correct threads so theyre not repetitive

The popular opinion seems to be buy German mate, apparently they're very reliable with a great reputation, good quality and relatively cheap.

Just don't look very closely at their stats...
2 German goalkeepers - Horn & Karius - who everyone mentioned and that I could see us buying (were even linked to them at some point I believe, but I am not sure) and are quite realistic at this point actually have awesome stats in Bundesliga.

Horn has the least amount of goals allowed this season, has 5 clean sheets out of 15 games and 65 saves. He is 1st in goals allowed category, 3rd in clean sheets & 2nd in number of saves. Karius on another side has 21 goals allowed, 3 clean sheets and 62 saves. He's on 5th in goals allowed, 8th in clean sheets and 4th in number of saves.

Both are pretty decent considering what type of defences they have in front of themselves and both are much better than Howard and this point. Not to even talk about their potential and age. German keepers are indeed awesome and what's even better is that there are ton of them.
no one is being childish and you're being extremely defensive. there's a keeper thread on page two of this section of the forum

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/who-will-be-our-next-keeper.81480/page-6#post-4029334
Exactly. I found 8 in last two months.

Last edited:
I'm so starting another Thread come 3 o clock tomorrow on this very subject.

Take that you aggressive beauts and good night. :dance:

I think Robles has shown signs that he can be good enough. Had a few shaky moments but so have a lot of keepers who've ended up being very good. Nev was mid twenties before he looked class. So in the very unlikely circumstances that Howard is dropped I'd be giving Robles a run but ideally have an experienced back up brought in just in case. Then see where we are at end of season.
But in the real world, Howard is here for this and maybe next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.