Goats squad analysis thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy some magical attacking wizard throughball merchants.

On the joga bonita scale we are closer to Pulis than Pele. Fix it.

@MorgsGoat good thread though goat. Clarifies well the state of play just before we climb through the open transfer window and embrace the madness.

Listing the need for 4 "wingers" makes me realise that I wouldn't miss any of our current ones if told tomorrow they were sold. No solid bonafide quality......hell the line up right through the winger, ACM and Striker sections makes for crap reading.

Manager
Ronald Koeman

GK
Jordan Pickford (£17m)
Joel Robles
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
John-Joe Kenny

LB
Leighton Baines*
Brendan Galloway

CB
Virgil Van Dijk / Kalidou Koulibaly (£50m)
Michael Keane (£20m)
Ramiro Funes Mori
Ashley Williams
Mason Holgate

DM/CM
Morgan Schneiderlin
Muhamed Bešić
Idrissa Gueye
Tom Davies
Leandor Dendonkor / Youri Tielemans (£15m / £20m)

Wingers
Gerard Deulofeu
Ademola Lookman
Yannick Bolasie
Kevin Mirallas

ACM
Ross Barkley
Gylfi Sigurdsson (£20m)

Strikers
Romelu Lukaku
Sandro Ramires (£5m)
Wayne Rooney (Free)

Total Football Manager stuff here, but if we could end up with something like this how much better would our squad look?
Obviously take the potential fees with a pinch of salt but those figures come to £132m, which sounds like a lot but if we sold McCarthy, Niasse, Cleverley, etc wouldn't be a crazy overall sum.

Mad when you realise we need literally 3 new centre backs.

I don't think we do.

I can see Holgate staking a claim there as Kenny is brought through to compete for right back.

I know its not a big mega bucks foreign signing, so many will fume, but he is a very hot prospect. I can see us signing 1 expensive centre back to go into the team and letting either Jags or RFM go. There is easily another season in Williams.

I don't think we do.

I can see Holgate staking a claim there as Kenny is brought through to compete for right back.

I know its not a big mega bucks foreign signing, so many will fume, but he is a very hot prospect. I can see us signing 1 expensive centre back to go into the team and letting either Jags or RFM go.

I don't think Jags or Mori can even be squad players next season tbh. Williams is on his way down as well. I'm all for moving Holgate to centre back, he will need a top class partner alongside him though.

I don't think Jags or Mori can even be squad players next season tbh. Williams is on his way down as well. I'm all for moving Holgate to centre back though.

Definitely another season in Williams and I think he was brought in to steady the ship at the back. With new players coming and going and a big turnaround in playing staff you do need a bit of stability in your back 4.

At 19 he doesnt get named.

Check on the HG qualifications of Bolasie and Schneids again Goat as they both came to pkay in England at a young age. Think you may find both are classed as HG. May be important as a lot of those names you'vr starred may not be playing for us next season.

Yes I did put Holgate with the CBs at first and he might be changed in the future, but the full back area is a concern for sure, as is the CB area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back