Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goats squad analysis thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosun
Richarlison Sigurdsson Bernard
Gomes Gueye
Digne Zouma Mina Coleman
Pickford

Decent 1st team that, and some strength to come off the bench if needed

Imho Bernard moves to 10 and Walcott comes in. Walcott will prob give a bit more on defensive duty too. Sigurdsson then either takes up the Gomes role as a bit deeper CM or drops to the bench if Gomes finds (real) form. I have a funny feeling that Silva will pick Morgs over Gana. If the rumours are true and we play 3 CBs then that team probably becomes:

Tosun/Walcott
Richarlison Bernard
Digne Gomes/Sig Gueye/Morgs Coleman
Zouma Mina Keane/Holgate
Pickford​

Where basically the front 3 could be any combination seeing Richarlison and Walcott could play as the main forward, so Tosun drops to the bench. This also depends if Bernard is the player we hope he is and can hack it in the PL.

Imho Bernard moves to 10 and Walcott comes in. Walcott will prob give a bit more on defensive duty too. Sigurdsson then either takes up the Gomes role as a bit deeper CM or drops to the bench if Gomes finds (real) form. I have a funny feeling that Silva will pick Morgs over Gana. If the rumours are true and we play 3 CBs then that team probably becomes:

Tosun/Walcott
Richarlison Bernard
Digne Gomes/Sig Gueye/Morgs Coleman
Zouma Mina Keane/Holgate
Pickford​

Where basically the front 3 could be any combination seeing Richarlison and Walcott could play as the main forward, so Tosun drops to the bench. This also depends if Bernard is the player we hope he is and can hack it in the PL.

Cant see us playing 3 at the back personally, IMO it doesnt fit the offensive players we have.

Almost certain we will play 4-2-3-1/4-3-3.

But we have options and competition all over the pitch, somebody said earlier that Pickford and Coleman are nailed on, but bar that everything else is up for grabs. Its not a perfect squad by any means, but im very, very happy with a "best 11" plus we have a few impact subs we could use in a pinch, very optimistic going forward.

Cant see us playing 3 at the back personally, IMO it doesnt fit the offensive players we have.

Almost certain we will play 4-2-3-1/4-3-3.

But we have options and competition all over the pitch, somebody said earlier that Pickford and Coleman are nailed on, but bar that everything else is up for grabs. Its not a perfect squad by any means, but im very, very happy with a "best 11" plus we have a few impact subs we could use in a pinch, very optimistic going forward.

I agree that the 3 at the back causes issues fitting our best players in, however I expect he will use it to start with as you can't just drop Mina and Zouma in and expect it to work as a unit straight from the off, likewise you don't want to have Jags and Keane starting as a 2 who should know what the system is but are liabilities. So the compromise might be to play 3 and that gives a bit more protection until they are fully up to speed. This also allows Silva to introduce Bernard/Gomes as impact subs while they too build up getting used to their new teammates and the league in general.

God knows what he will do for Sat though as I doubt Mina/Zouma will even have a training session with the team to consider them so we could be looking at a Jags, Keane and Holgate back 3 for Wolves. :(

I agree that the 3 at the back causes issues fitting our best players in, however I expect he will use it to start with as you can't just drop Mina and Zouma in and expect it to work as a unit straight from the off, likewise you don't want to have Jags and Keane starting as a 2 who should know what the system is but are liabilities. So the compromise might be to play 3 and that gives a bit more protection until they are fully up to speed. This also allows Silva to introduce Bernard/Gomes as impact subs while they too build up getting used to their new teammates and the league in general.

God knows what he will do for Sat though as I doubt Mina/Zouma will even have a training session with the team to consider them so we could be looking at a Jags, Keane and Holgate back 3 for Wolves. :(

Yeah its a possibility, but for 1 I dont think Holgate is even fit?

Here's the formation I picture Marco wanting to play

To me, Bernard has to be up top as the 10. He's a dedicated attacker, plus it's silly to not have your best players on the pitch.

Gylfi fills that role that Tata Martino used Carmona for as a box to box guy, and Gueye essentially runs around and makes life hell for anyone approaching the back line.

This is what I'd like by August 31st but I know it's a pipe dream:

GK: Pickford, Vigario

CB: Mina, Holgate
CB: Zouma, Keane
LB: Digne, Baines
RB: Coleman, Kenny

CDM: Gana, Baningime
CM: Gomes, McCarthy, Davies
CAM: Bernard, Sigurdsson, Vlasic

LW: Richarlison, Lookman
RW: Walcott, Dowell
ST: Tosun, DCL

Then substitute in with youngsters from the U23's if they're ready like Williams, Evans, Hornby, Feeney, Gibson, Gordon, Denny, Markelo etc.

Liked the look of this (stolen from the echo)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180810-082446.webp
    Screenshot_20180810-082446.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 89

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back