Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goats squad analysis thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know how many are on holiday, but this must be the worst Close Season ever. Marcel & Marco do nothing for me
it might be worse by doing nothing for Everton.
I don't like these votes, but would be interested to see the voting so far for Farhad, Marco & Marcel.

And finally, its that time of year again, with the old season nearly done, we can finally look forward to next season. Lots and lots of changes needed, off and on the pitch, analysis will come later, but for now, this is the squad that will effectively be the 1 that HOPEFULLY our new manager will inherit for next season.

It will be a very long list, as extensive as I can get it, some players will be excluded for now, mainly yoots who havent yet appeared much for the first team, players out of contract will be added and always, its a "work in progress", so people can be removed and included at my discretion.

Manager : Sam Allardyce

GK
Jordan Pickford

Joel Robles
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny
Cuco Martina
Callum Connolly

LB
Leighton Baines
Antonee Robinson
Brendan Galloway
Luke Garbutt

CB
Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka
Ashley Williams
Ramiro Funes Mori
Mason Holgate
Matthew Pennington
Tyias Browning

DM/CM/AM
Muhamed Bešić
Morgan Schneiderlin
Wayne Rooney
James McCarthy
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Davy Klaassen
Tom Davies
Beni Baningime
Kieran Dowell

Widers
Yannick Bolasie
Theo Walcott
Nikola Vlašić
Kevin Mirallas
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

#Bloated

Analysis to come, but quick math, that squad cost upwards of 362m and 60 grand to "build" and is currently earning 2.3m per week in wages.

Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days
When our momma sang us to sleep but now we’re stressed out
Of that squad the only ones I'd want to keep are the following ;

Pickford
Coleman
Kenny
Baines ( as a squad player )
Holgate
Jags ( as back up)
Keane ( yes he was awful last season but prior to that looked decent at Burnley. There has been something very wrong at Goodison for some time and he has been affected. I'm sure there is a player in there )
Gueye
Sigurdsson
Davies
Beni
Walcott
Vlasic
Lookman
Henry ( will we even get a WP)
Tosun
DCL.

It really is not practical to get rid of so many but as Edwin Collins said "Rip it up and start again " - one for our older music hipsters.

Sick of the "there's a player in there" shouts about Keane

There's not. He looked decent (literally only decent) in a Burnley time absolutely tailor made for his style of play

Even Sam Allardyce's tactics couldn't make him look good. Bin, now. For whatever fee

Good to see everyone back, including all of the young lids (Lookman especially), Klaassen and even Besic. At the very least everyone who isn't a dead cert to be moved on needs to be looked over by the staff this week, especially by Silva.

Good to see everyone back, including all of the young lids (Lookman especially), Klaassen and even Besic. At the very least everyone who isn't a on needs to be looked over by the staff this week, especially by Silva.
I didn't see Sandro in any of the photos, but I guess he falls under the 'dead cert to be moved on' category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back