Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goats squad analysis thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton squad Confirmed 20 october

25 Squad players (*Home grown) -[only lists 23]

Anicio Caldeira Duarte, Bernard
Calvert-Lewin, Dominic*
Coleman, Seamus
Davies, Thomas*
De Andrade, Richarlison
Delph, Fabian*
Digne, Lucas
Doucoure, Abdoulaye
Gbamin, Jean-Philippe
Godfrey, Benjamin Matthew*
Holgate, Mason Anthony*
Iwobi, Alex*
Keane, Michael Vincent*
Kenny, Jonjoe*
Lossl, Jonas Bybjerg
Marques Loureiro, Allan
Mina Gonzalez, Yerry Fernando
Olsen, Robin Patrick
Pickford, Jordan Lee*
Rodriguez Rubio, James David
Sigurdsson, Gylfi Thor*
Tavares Gomes, Andre Filipe
Tosun, Cenk
So we’ve gone for a 23 man squad? Are we hoping that Kean and Walcott come back or something??

So we’ve gone for a 23 man squad? Are we hoping that Kean and Walcott come back or something??
Players age 21 or under dont need to be included in the 25 man squad, so the likes of Gordon/ Nkounkou are ok to play etc, but if Everton really wanted to they could have included besic/bolasie to make the numbers up to 25

I thought the exact same thing. Why not chuck Besic and Bolasie in the squad until January? I know they're rubbish but if there is an injury crisis, hardly unheard of at this club, at least we'd have an option. I don't get leaving players we are paying out of the squad when we are leaving slots unfilled.

I thought the exact same thing. Why not chuck Besic and Bolasie in the squad until January? I know they're rubbish but if there is an injury crisis, hardly unheard of at this club, at least we'd have an option. I don't get leaving players we are paying out of the squad when we are leaving slots unfilled.

If we are playing Bolaise or Besic things are so bad that we might as well just play with 10 players.

We named 23 players, plus 46 players under 21.

Trust me, we are fine.

There are 9 weeks till the transfer window re-opens, I think we can cope without Bolaise and Besic, I mean we have for the last 3 years.

Maybe its about sending a message, sure they are still getting paid, but in Bolaises case, its a big fat F you.

Both have seen moves fall apart due to their wage demands, screw em.

If we are playing Bolaise or Besic things are so bad that we might as well just play with 10 players.

We named 23 players, plus 46 players under 21.

Trust me, we are fine.

There are 9 weeks till the transfer window re-opens, I think we can cope without Bolaise and Besic, I mean we have for the last 3 years.
As I said, they are rubbish but they are drawing a wage. Whether they are named in the squad or not that remains the same but it seems odd to have vacant squad positions whilst senior, but again rubbish, players kick their heels in the hydrotherapy pool.

P.S. I thought you were a Besic enthusiast?

As I said, they are rubbish but they are drawing a wage. Whether they are named in the squad or not that remains the same but it seems odd to have vacant squad positions whilst senior, but again rubbish, players kick their heels in the hydrotherapy pool.

If we had an absolute injury crisis we can fill the 2 vacant positions with free agents.

Everton first, always, the Besic I loved was young, hungry and had promise, this Besic is none of those things.

Im hoping we are working on paying them off.

Everton first, always, the Besic I loved was young, hungry and had promise, this Besic has none of those things.

Im hoping we are working on paying them off.
That was my thought as well. It might be sending them a message, take the offer on the table or do one and train by yourself down Walton Hall Park for the next 9 months. It doesn't seem a very Everton thing to do (not since Koeman and his lockermageddon anyway) but who knows?

That was my thought as well. It might be sending them a message, take the offer on the table or do one and train by yourself down Walton Hall Park for the next 9 months. It doesn't seem a very Everton thing to do (not since Koeman and his lockermageddon anyway) but who knows?
The last thing we want is 2 bums dragging everybody down.

Keep them away, it only takes 1 bad apple to spoil the whole basket.

The last thing we want is 2 bums dragging everybody down.

Keep them away, it only takes 1 bad apple to spoil the whole basket.

Now the 25 man squad is set are you going to do a final list, with the 23 named players and Nkounkou, Branthwaite and Gordon? I'm guessing Virginia will be with u23s now.

Now the 25 man squad is set are you going to do a final list, with the 23 named players and Nkounkou, Branthwaite and Gordon? I'm guessing Virginia will be with u23s now.
I will take a look before January.

But its my squad list, I'm not saying that to be a penis, I know we didn't name Bolaise and Besic for example, but for me, they are still part of the squad, so I will probably still name them. Virginia is probably a different matter, not writing him off, but his chances of making it here and being considered a first-team player are slim at best at this point.

I dunno, I think I like to see a long list then watch as it shrinks during the window, I like lists, its an illness.

For example, I started these threads in 2015, a few numbers :

2015 I named 25 players at the start of the window
2016 20 players
2017 23 players
2018 37 players
2019 41 players
2020 38 players

I name young players in the hope that they will make a breakthrough, I dunno, seems weird considering I have such a low opinion on most of them, I certainly need to look at which players I name in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back