Goats squad analysis thread 2024/5

However, Boyland reveals that a lump sum would also be due to the London club should Dele sign a new contract at Goodison Park when his current deal expires.

Here is the source.

I sadly cant find anything other than that, but we did the same thing regarding Gareth Barry, is contract had expired at City but we paid City a fee to sign him.
small mercies.

Fingers crossed we pay it and give him a 5 year deal. And then DCL runs his contract down and signs for Spurs on a free.

The fume would be unreal and the dars losing their heads all over the shop.
Just to add to the conspiracy, was on a Stadium yesterday and they had a Dele 20 shirt hanging up in the changing room, which was kinda odd I thought.

I didnt check if there was a Godfrey or Dobbin and I am 100% being truthful here.

Just to add to the conspiracy, was on a Stadium yesterday and they had a Dele 20 shirt hanging up in the changing room, which was kinda odd I thought.

I didnt check if there was a Godfrey or Dobbin and I am 100% being truthful here.
I don’t think it’s odd. We said we were keeping him around the club during his recovery after his contract expiry. And it’s been reported we are looking at how he does to consider giving him a contract.

I do genuinely think he was close to returning in January before his injury setback, and with what Dyche was saying at, I think he was probably impressing him.

Manager : Sean Dyche

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virgínia (HG)
Billy Crellin (HG)

Right Backs (3)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson
Ashley Young (HG)

Left Backs (1)
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs (4)
James Tarkowski (HG)
Michael Keane (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)
Mason Holgate (HG)

Midfield (7)
Amadou Onana
James Garner (HG)
Idrissa Gueye
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tim Iroegbunam (UA)
Iliman Ndiaye (HG)
Dele Alli (HG) *

Wide Forwards (2)
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Jack Harrison (HG)

Strikers (4)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Youssef Chermiti (UA)
Beto
Neal Maupay

Total players: 24

Players purchased so far: (3)
Iroegbunam, Harrison, Ndiaye, Dele

Players culled so far: (6) Lonergan(OOC), Dobbin, Gomes (OOC), Dele(OOC), Danjuma(OOC), Godfrey

Non-HG players: 8
Home-grown players: 13
Underage players: 3

TBC

Theres too much smoke for there not to be a fire.
Possibly I just think the lad is finished at this level I get offering him rehab and training and even preseason just not convinced he will ever be a factor as a player again. Also there's the issue with Spurs if we have to pay them anything its not worth it, if it's pay as you play and he earns it with good displays in preseason then thats a different chat.

Possibly I just think the lad is finished at this level I get offering him rehab and training and even preseason just not convinced he will ever be a factor as a player again. Also there's the issue with Spurs if we have to pay them anything its not worth it, if it's pay as you play and he earns it with good displays in preseason then thats a different chat.
I also think the lad is finished, at most levels, but especially this level, I thought at the time it was a risk worth taking and here we are, 3? years later and I am yet again thinking, but, what if? And I hate myself for it, cos there is no what if, but, what if??????

As long as we protect ourselves, dont go crazy with the wages or the length, well, screw it, lets GO!

There is a 5% chance of success, but, what if?

delealli-tottenham.gif

Maybe we will play Dele in a couple of friendlies?

So currently Everton have reduced the wages bill from around 80m pa to roughly 71m (put Ndiaye and Iroegbunam as 40k pw), if you use capology figures.

Possible that Holgate, Maupay, Onana could leave. That would free up another 11m off the wage book for new signings.

Starting to look a lot healthier now.
Manager : Sean Dyche

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virgínia (HG)
Billy Crellin (HG)

Right Backs (3)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson
Ashley Young (HG)

Left Backs (1)
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs (4)
James Tarkowski (HG)
Michael Keane (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)
Mason Holgate (HG)

Midfield (7)
Amadou Onana
James Garner (HG)
Idrissa Gueye
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tim Iroegbunam (UA)
Iliman Ndiaye (HG)
Dele Alli (HG) *

Wide Forwards (2)
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Jack Harrison (HG)

Strikers (4)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Youssef Chermiti (UA)
Beto
Neal Maupay

Total players: 24

Players purchased so far: (3)
Iroegbunam, Harrison, Ndiaye, Dele

Players culled so far: (6) Lonergan(OOC), Dobbin, Gomes (OOC), Dele(OOC), Danjuma(OOC), Godfrey

Non-HG players: 8
Home-grown players: 13
Underage players: 3

TBC

What did I say @Goat? Dele going nowhere.

Picture the scene. Derby game at Goodison.

Patterson collects the ball from the keeper. Takes it forward 20 yards.

Pings a pinpoint ball across to Dele on the edge of the centre circle, attacking half. Brings it down beautifully, taking out 2 players in the process.

See’s DCL off the shoulder of VVD and threads a ball through as perfect as James did at the Pit. DCL takes it in his stride, takes 3/4 steps and puts it top corner past a flailing Allison.

The conflicted joy/fume on here by a selection of posters would be beautiful.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back