Golf 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decent leaderboard right now. Rickie, Schauffele, Rory, DJ
Fields are so loaded these days that it's almost impossible to get a poor leaderboard in a major. Reminds me of the early to mid-'90s. Love it when it's like this, because we don't get final rounds like the 2010 U.S. Open where everyone in contention plays like garbage. The winner always shoots a round.

I think the problem isn't the course setup so much as it is the course. It's a wide-fairway course like Bellerive was at the 2018 PGA, which also had a couple of 63s Friday morning in soft conditions after a downpour Thursday night. You can cut the fairways a little tighter, but you can't just halve them.

Fields are so loaded these days that it's almost impossible to get a poor leaderboard in a major. Reminds me of the early to mid-'90s. Love it when it's like this, because we don't get final rounds like the 2010 U.S. Open where everyone in contention plays like garbage. The winner always shoots a round.

I think the problem isn't the course setup so much as it is the course. It's a wide-fairway course like Bellerive was at the 2018 PGA, which also had a couple of 63s Friday morning in soft conditions after a downpour Thursday night. You can cut the fairways a little tighter, but you can't just halve them.
Yup. It doesn’t seem to be that memorable of a course but I am enjoying that 300 yard par 3

Love to see Rickie Fowler get a major
Have backed him in Majors a few times but only have place money returned. Last time was Hoylake in 2014 when he made third behind winner McIlroy. Where coincidentally the Open is being played in a month's time.

The US Open has a similar look to that event in 2014. If he doesn't win the US, and his roller coaster ride yesterday may suggest not, then Hoylake might be worth a flutter. Odds of 33\1 at the moment for the British.

I have a bet on Denny McCarthy at big odds for the US Open, chance of each way return, and also Harris English for the win. His form has been good and been top 3 twice in the US Open in the last three years. Could be his time. Still available at around 25s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back