Golf 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sports all going a bit rubbish isn't it. Rugby League seems untouched. Might start watching that or a couple of non-league footy sides.

As long as they don't touch crown green bowls I'll be fine.

Though I did come up with idea of merging Saudi golf with European bowling. I've called it Bolf. Its golf but using bowling balls instead of golf balls.

Someone I know who, was good friends with a very intelligent grinder on tour, once told me the player told him, "Intelligence is not an advantage on the golf course. It's too easy to start thinking about what could go wrong. Most of the guys on tour are thick as bricks."
A similar thing was said about DJ. He's supposed to be as thick as two short planks so he is incapable of over thinking it on a round. He just goes out and plays.

Hovland is the guy with the hot flat stick right now. McIlroy needs to pull his out of that extra-dimensional wormhole it usually inhabits during the right month to notch another.
I'm starting to doubt it will happen again for him, but I really want it to happen. Maybe Hoylake could be an opportunity for him to get another open. Don't really know anything about the course in LA, but if it's a typical US open layout, I wouldn't give him much of a shot.

I'm starting to doubt it will happen again for him, but I really want it to happen. Maybe Hoylake could be an opportunity for him to get another open. Don't really know anything about the course in LA, but if it's a typical US open layout, I wouldn't give him much of a shot.
Guys that good usually find a way to put it together one last time late in their career. Probably won't have to wait as long as Watson did for a proper tilt at one.

McIlroy is basically screwed now. Either has to suck it up or retire. He’s obviously fine financially but as he showed in not going to LIV it’s not just about the money for him. He could have made another £500m. He wants to play golf, he wants to be in the PGA and play the majors.

And now the PGA have thrown it all back in his face after using him as the biggest voice against it.

Horrible.

2 years of playing the moral high ground just to then surrender said morals for the blood money.

It's becoming more and more impossible to enjoy sport without feeling like your contributing to helping a murderous set of wealthy bigots.
I said similar in the Saudi thread.

Sport is dying at a rapid pace.

Horrible.

2 years of playing the moral high ground just to then surrender said morals for the blood money.

It's becoming more and more impossible to enjoy sport without feeling like your contributing to helping a murderous set of wealthy bigots.

Enough about the PGA and the Americans, we’ve got the Saudi’s now to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back