Golf 2024

He missed 2 putts inside 3 feet. That's the difference.

Yes his course management was awful but he just cracked under the pressure.

One of the most crushing sporting defeats I can remember in a very long time. Heartbreaking

That last Putt he missed all comes from stupidity off the tee though Tim. You need a strong caddie telling you to put the Driver away and just find the fairway.

To put himself into a winning position and all he needed to do was tick the holes off. He done the same last night and tonight was just an unreal collapse.

That last Putt he missed all comes from stupidity off the tee though Tim. You need a strong caddie telling you to put the Driver away and just find the fairway.

To put himself into a winning position and all he needed to do was tick the holes off. He done the same last night and tonight was just an unreal collapse.
He's not been able to close out majors for a long time now. The only difference is he was a lot closer this time. Usually he messes up earlier on. So difficult to watch through, it's a good job he won major championships early in his career before he started thinking too much.

In so many different sports or jobs or whatever, a moment of calm after a mistake is so important. Don't double down on your mistakes, no limmy gifs please

I see bogey runs like that every single week, where players go bogey, bogey, bogey, par, bogey. It happens with inexperience where playerslose their heads for 30/40 minutes. But like you said, a seasoned pro simply has to play percentages and for a player of his experience it was just 100% pure stupidity when all what was needed was calm.

Shocked, gutted, a kick in the guts that was then. A quality golfer who literally had it in his hands and just chucked it away.

Yeah, I really thought this was the tourney for him to get it done.

Will be interesting to see how he bounces back from this. He was the best player by far this week. To miss one of those putts is one thing, to miss two in 3 holes, man that's tough. And to lose to Bryson no less.

I'm sick for Rory
He bottled it, no question.

As those stats posted showed he'd drained 496 consecutive putts within 3 feet until he had a 2 stroke lead in a major.

It was horrible to watch, but unless he sorts his nut out he's never winning another major.

He bottled it, no question.

As those stats posted showed he'd drained 496 consecutive putts within 3 feet until he had a 2 stroke lead in a major.

It was horrible to watch, but unless he sorts his nut out he's never winning another major.
Yep it was painful and after he had played so well , quite inexplicable.

It can only be a mental thing. Very difficult to see him overcoming this in future majors

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back