Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goodison Park : New Exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.stadiumdesignsummit.com/public_downloads/TDS-Programme_Preview-Latest.pdf

Well they're offering tours of the "off-season stadium makeover of Everton FC’s Goodison Park" so that would suggest they expect it to be completed.
Yes but probably advertised and printed before the "off season" makeover turned into the makeover that had hardly even started in the "off" bit. So an expectation of months ago that has a reality of today - never mind - stuff to be learned from that for the visiting pro's.

That we're going to be giving a tour of Goodison with bits of cladding missing and exposed brackets all over the place? If it's meant to be a demo of a work-in-progress site then that's fine, but if it's supposed to be a view of the complete work, then anything but completion will be somewhat embarrassing if there's a big group of attendees.

It's supposed to give people an idea of the challenges that can be faced with projects such as these on ageing stadia. The state of completion will not really make any difference. Its more an opportunity for them to hear from the people involved in it and any do's don'ts etc.

So you were moaning just for the sake of it then?

Quelle suprise
Imagine you're a project manager. An industry summit comes to see your project, with documentation talking about your project being complete, and when the delegation turn up, you're half finished. You wouldn't be remotely embarrassed at all? Cos I sure would.

Do I actually care if it's not finished? Not in the slightest. I'm not the PM.

Imagine you're a project manager. An industry summit comes to see your project, with documentation talking about your project being complete, and when the delegation turn up, you're half finished. You wouldn't be remotely embarrassed at all? Cos I sure would.

Do I actually care if it's not finished? Not in the slightest. I'm not the PM.

If the PM had a timescale to make, then he should make it. If he's embarrased by not making it, then he'd only have himself to blame as the project hasn't been managed properly.

If there are genuine reasons for not hitting his deadline, then there's nothing to be embarrassed about...

I reckon the massive steel hooks for the fabric facade are far bigger than they need to be. Why are we wasting all that money?
It's Moshiri spending the Stones money mate. The new stadium is all a con, I seen him loading bin bags of cash into the back of his Maybach lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back