Goodison Park : New Exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superficial though. especially once you get inside. like coating a house with gold and it is falling apart inside
If you had guests coming round who you were trying to impress would not try to tidy up? Possibly a lick of paint?

It may be superifical but we're trying to improve our image as a club. Leaving Goodison as it was surely wouldn't help would it.

Jesus Christ. It's not just the cladding though is it? From what I'm led to believe there has been some internal turd polishing too? Yeah the cladding and wraps won't be to everybody's taste but it's a damn site better than the old grey stuff surely??
Would the main stand be able to handle the weight of cladding the whole length of it?
Maybe that's why they went for the wrap. I see the work as a statement of intenet from mosh, it makes the clubs image 1000% better and hopefully that might interest future sponsors etc.
There's far too much negativity surrounding all this. Just be happy that somebody actually wants to spend a bit of cash buying the grand old lady a new dress for her formative years

Jesus Christ. It's not just the cladding though is it? From what I'm led to believe there has been some internal turd polishing too? Yeah the cladding and wraps won't be to everybody's taste but it's a damn site better than the old grey stuff surely??
Would the main stand be able to handle the weight of cladding the whole length of it?
Maybe that's why they went for the wrap. I see the work as a statement of intenet from mosh, it makes the clubs image 1000% better and hopefully that might interest future sponsors etc.
There's far too much negativity surrounding all this. Just be happy that somebody actually wants to spend a bit of cash buying the grand old lady a new dress for her formative years

Hahahahah wait till you find out this is instead of a new ground. ...

"we'll go with what we've got "

Sound familiar.....

Billbullshitter

It won't mate. Genuinely a bit of cladding and a curtain to cover it over will do nothing.

that is a bit like saying an investor/sponsor or whoever comes along and says 'ooo that cladding looks nice, i think i will sponsor this team'.

no chance mate, what will affect the view of the club is what the fellas in the board room say and what the fellas on the pitch do. That is it.
Jesus man, have you never heard of 'intrinsic values'?

Being seen to be doing this is far more valuable than the actual cladding.

Hahahahah wait till you find out this is instead of a new ground. ...

"we'll go with what we've got "

Sound familiar.....

Billbullshitter

I'm not holding my breath when it comes to the new stadium especially with the well documented fiascos we've had to deal with in recent years. But I do think it's a positive step in the right direction. Moshiri has managed to do more in respects of the stadium in 6 months than BK has in 16 years

For a bit of cladding? hardly going to do much

Superficial though. especially once you get inside. like coating a house with gold and it is falling apart inside
Which is the whole bloody point in cladding! It's a superficial upgrade, nothing more.

It's all about perception, how people perceive you. People see Everton spending money to upgrade our stadium, it gives the perception that we have money and ambition. That reflects well on Everton.

IMG_0454.webp

Oh

Some people really need to get a grip on here...

Why do we spend any money on grooming products, nice clothes etc.? It makes you feel a little bit better, it's all superficial but every little helps. For the cost of 10 weeks wages (max) of a player we have made everyone from the tea lady to the players, supporters, feel a bit better about their lot as they approach goodison.

Wait for it to be finished at least, have a look around then judge it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back