Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goodison Park : New Exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we always missed a trick in the 1890's with Goodison Park not not being named something more significant and further reaching like Anfield is. It doesn't have as much connection to the local area as perhaps calling it Walton Park or Kirkdale Park may have.

Would like the new (non sponsorship form) name to have a more significant link to the City.
The River Mersey Stadium, Stadium on the Mersey, Liverpool Docklands stadium etc.

I think we always missed a trick in the 1890's with Goodison Park not not being named something more significant and further reaching like Anfield is. It doesn't have as much connection to the local area as perhaps calling it Walton Park or Kirkdale Park may have.

Would like the new (non sponsorship form) name to have a more significant link to the City.
The River Mersey Stadium, Stadium on the Mersey, Liverpool Docklands stadium etc.
In keeping with naming conventions, we should call it Everton Three.

Anfield is on Anfield Road and Goodison Park is on Goodison Road. Why does Anfield have more significance?

Each to their own. The unique selling point of the stadium would be that it's on the waterfront, so I think Bramley-Moore Dock would be a good name to emphasise that.

Agreed. Bramley Moore Dock should be the name if that's where it is. Anything other than the location seems a bit contrived to me. Can't imagine Old Trafford being called The Busby Babes Stadium for example.

Different strokes for different folks though. You'll never get everyone agreeing.

"USM Liverpool Waters"

tumblr_lpffr66vZy1qzs09vo1_500.gif

Agreed.

*Sponsor name* Liverpool Waters Stadium

Peel will want it to be integral to the Liverpool Waters project and so will the council.

Considering the district were its going to be I'll comprise on a sponsorship deal but only if its Vauxhall Motors, without the motors.

Considering the district were its going to be I'll comprise on a sponsorship deal but only if its Vauxhall Motors, without the motors.
Vauxhall?! Why would you want that crapbucket car brand on our stadium? They're not even a Liverpool company, they're from Luton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back