Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goodison Park : New Exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks quite substantial. I was expecting it to be made up with almost scaffolding. Looks like it could be load bearing should they want to turn it into an executive suite later down the line. (I imagine the top of it will eventually be high enough to see onto the pitch)

Perhaps a bar area at the end of the upper bullens concourse? Then get rid of the existing bars, creating more space.

Perhaps a bar area at the end of the upper bullens concourse? Then get rid of the existing bars, creating more space.

Quite possible, certainly gives scope for it. Reading the planning permission document it says this about the structure:

It will incorporate the same cladding, lantern, signage and lighting as
Tower 2 but it is effectively a structure only with no internal floor areas
created. We have however designed this tower with the future
provision for new floors to be added that could link into the Park and
Bullens Stands should this be required at a later date.

So what you said is about right. Although it says no internal floor areas you can see the beams are in place to take the floor. I suppose it will depend on the plans for the new stadium and how many years down the line it will be.

Any clue as to whether the tower(s?) will be functional or will they be empty and just for show?
It's just one tower that will balance out the Park End so it's the same on both sides. I'm pretty sure it's going to be empty but it's got the potential to build inside it if we wanted to.

would be good if we could put a webcam on this so I could monitor it hourly. Can someone go and take some pics today please? Shame it wont be ready under the lights tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back