Goodison Park

Last few times I went it was apparent just how out of date Goodison is compared to modern facilities. Personally I can't wait to go to the new ground. I've got lots of great memories from the Seventies and eighties mainly but won't be sad to see us move on

Big cup match v someone I reckon especially as it will be settled on the day in every round next season.

Goodison always turns up from April to keep the club clinging on to top level status so same again next season I suspect.

I've been moaning about the home form all year so of course will probably end with five straight home wins now with no goals conceded! 🤣

Oh you...

giphy.gif

Sunk in first time really on Wednesday after the Derby, that we will be actually leaving Goodison very soon, also soon after that it won't even be there anymore and special nights like that will just be told through stories we tell our Kids / Grandkids.

Bit of a random shout, but with my photographer eyes on, I will proper miss this view below (only took from the telly like) around this time of year as the sun is setting and it looks great looking out from here to the church and the Goodison Road / Gwladys St End.

1000023394.jpg

Great memories, will be so emotional that last game, but to end on a positive, heres to many more great memories being made in our fantastic new stadium on the waterfront.

I won’t go the last game if I can’t get a ticket. Mine is for my dad,I sit in what was my uncles seat after he passed I took it over my son has taken over my dads ticket he gave it to him after my uncle passed he couldn’t face going anymore he is now 83 and I’m giving him my seat for the last game iam adamant he is going if he’s still here.

It'll be fascinating to see who our last ever opponents there will be when the fixture list comes out in mid June (assuming there will be no postponed and rearranged game so late in the season). Could we do a list similar to MOTM for posters to predict? I hope it will be someone worthy and not Norwich or whoever comes up from the Championship. Hopefully a Football League original or an equally historical club.

It'll be fascinating to see who our last ever opponents there will be when the fixture list comes out in mid June (assuming there will be no postponed and rearranged game so late in the season). Could we do a list similar to MOTM for posters to predict? I hope it will be someone worthy and not Norwich or whoever comes up from the Championship. Hopefully a Football League original or an equally historical club.
They'll rig it so it's City so we leave Goodison the last time on a loss and sad.

someone who we can beat would be nice, Forest Green Rovers?

Villa would be a good one, happy memories of them bringing thousands and filling the Park End. Apologies @Littlesue