Goodison Park

It'll be fascinating to see who our last ever opponents there will be when the fixture list comes out in mid June (assuming there will be no postponed and rearranged game so late in the season). Could we do a list similar to MOTM for posters to predict? I hope it will be someone worthy and not Norwich or whoever comes up from the Championship. Hopefully a Football League original or an equally historical club.
They should change the venue of the 2025 FA Cup Final to Goodison so we win the cup in our last game there... ;)

It'll be fascinating to see who our last ever opponents there will be when the fixture list comes out in mid June (assuming there will be no postponed and rearranged game so late in the season). Could we do a list similar to MOTM for posters to predict? I hope it will be someone worthy and not Norwich or whoever comes up from the Championship. Hopefully a Football League original or an equally historical club.

In that case it'd be nice if it's Villa. That's the most played game I think. Unless we lose because I hate Villa.

Accrington Stanley, our first league opponent, we might actually win it.

Last few times I went it was apparent just how out of date Goodison is compared to modern facilities. Personally I can't wait to go to the new ground. I've got lots of great memories from the Seventies and eighties mainly but won't be sad to see us move on

I'll be broken hearted when we leave Goodison. I understand why we've got to ect but that doesn't make it any easier. I'm sure the new place will be great and will he a brilliant upgrade in so many ways but going the match will never be the same for me after we move.

We are all going to go through this with both of your views equally valid. I’ve been going to GP for 66 years, in all of the stands and boys pen before, under the four massive floodlights, watched the main stand get replaced and the Park End rebuilt. Seen four titles won and even World Cup games, but the ground has come to the end of its life and it would not be the same if it was patched up or even had a major rebuild. BMD is the future and personally I can’t wait to get there, next to the Mersey with a magnificent view of the City. We just need a team now to do it justice…..

We are all going to go through this with both of your views equally valid. I’ve been going to GP for 66 years, in all of the stands and boys pen before, under the four massive floodlights, watched the main stand get replaced and the Park End rebuilt. Seen four titles won and even World Cup games, but the ground has come to the end of its life and it would not be the same if it was patched up or even had a major rebuild. BMD is the future and personally I can’t wait to get there, next to the Mersey with a magnificent view of the City. We just need a team now to do it justice…..
I remember having a picture of the Kings Dock stadium as my PC wallpaper :rant: . This has been a long time coming.