Graeme Sharp

Should Graeme Sharp be welcomed back?

• Yes

• No

• Scottish mature cheddar on barra brith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Groucho

Staff member
Genuine question I’d like to put to the proletariat.

Should an amnesty be called for Sharpy? What occurred wasn’t really anything to do with him, he was caught up in someone else’s lies, and is our leading post-war goalscorer and second all-time goalscorer as well as being one of our most decorated players.

I’m happy to welcome him back personally.

Should an amnesty be called for Sharpy? What occurred wasn’t really anything to do with him, he was caught up in someone else’s lies, and is our leading post-war goalscorer and second all-time goalscorer as well as being one of our most decorated players.

I agree

Rather than being a stooge, I think it's far more likely Sharpe thought he could help from the inside.

He's a legend. Time to move on.

He has to apologise first

I keep meticulous records @Groucho

He needs to apologise and step away from those comments below 👇 which brought the fans/shareholders that protested in #AllTogetherNow into disrepute

1000001373.jpg

Would I roll out the red carpet for him and make a big deal of his return to feed his ego? No.

Would I care if he just turned up at Goodison? Also no.

To say it wasn't really anything to do with him is stretching the truth more than a bit. He was on the board and he fed into the lies of DBB and Kenwright. He wielded more power than any blue alive to put a stop to it and didn't.

I’ll happily have him back , I worshiped him as a player (by the way no ‘e’ ) but I won’t be so quick to forget . Sharpy picked a side and openly rubbished the fanbase that idolised him .

I’ll happily welcome him back but will I ever personally feel the same , nope . Is he bothered , I imagine not .

He is not responsible in anyway for the mess at Everton but he is associated with it because the idea of an ex footballer being in the boardroom is an example of why things have been such a mess. So in some way he is a symbol of it to an extent. I don't hold any grudges against Sharpy because I grew up loving watching him for Everton. That far outweighs his being guilty by association to the lunatics in charge at that time.

He is not responsible in anyway for the mess at Everton but he is associated with it because the idea of an ex footballer being in the boardroom is an example of why things have been such a mess. So in some way he is a symbol of it to an extent. I don't hold any grudges against Sharpy because I grew up loving watching him for Everton. That far outweighs his being guilty by association to the lunatics in charge at that time.
I hated him being dragged into it when he was offered a job because most of us could see how it’d end for him , he was used like some chairman use past players as managers or coaches to placate the fan base . That said some of his comments hurt , he must have known they weren’t true because everyone else did .

Actions have repercussions unfortunately, I’d be happy to have him back but would I rush the bar to buy him a pint like I did in the past or have done with other legends I’ve run in to , then no . Again I’m sure he’s not bothered but it’s how I feel.

Great part of the best team ive ever watched but deffo tarnished that as a board member and now i couldnt give a toss about him either way. Shame really.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.