Graeme Sharp

Should Graeme Sharp be welcomed back?

• Yes

• No

• Scottish mature cheddar on barra brith

Results are only viewable after voting.
He has to apologise first

I keep meticulous records @Groucho

He needs to apologise and step away from those comments below 👇 which brought the fans/shareholders that protested in #AllTogetherNow into disrepute

View attachment 264559
Important to note that we now know that this middle paragraph was a lie. The police never issued a warning nor did they receive one. The club has never provided any evidence to anyone that this happened. And here he is feeding it to the press at a time we could've got relegated or worse.

Genuine question I’d like to put to the proletariat.

Should an amnesty be called for Sharpy? What occurred wasn’t really anything to do with him, he was caught up in someone else’s lies, and is our leading post-war goalscorer and second all-time goalscorer as well as being one of our most decorated players.

I’m happy to welcome him back personally.

He needs to apologise and step away from those comments below 👇 which brought the fans/shareholders that protested in #AllTogetherNow into disrepute

View attachment 264559

I want to add @Groucho. His words in a national newspaper has consequences

We saw many fans from other clubs calling us thugs etc

Who's car had been kicked? When?

Our fans were badly maligned by "headlock gate" and those comments were adding fuel to the fire, they (Kenwright and his minions) started

It was never Bill Kenwright's club. Its our club. Collectively as we all - are the club

Why he should apologise. His words were reported widely

I was at the protest. Plus many others after videoing them. To prove they were non violent.

Important to note that we now know that this middle paragraph was a lie. The police never issued a warning nor did they receive one. The club has never provided any evidence to anyone that this happened. And here he is feeding it to the press at a time we could've got relegated or worse.
It’s that that’s my big problem , that headlock stuff and warnings was awful and any blue that was in a pub that day could feel the pre match atmosphere drop when that was the last thing we needed , that could have cost us relegation and subsequently even the very survival of the club . The owners were happy to throw one of the loyalist long suffering fanbases out there under the bus for their own protection and I find it hard to forgive anyone complicit in that .

I've spoken to some journalists about it.

Bill Kenwright did receive some "threats" they had seen them. Clearly emails etc

However, the nature of them and where they originated (outside UK etc) was kept hidden and never published. Because reality is they were not as presented by "the club"

The nature of it was grossly exaggerated by Bill Kenwright and Denise Barrett-Baxendale and the minions to try and smear the protestors

Graeme Sharp's comments were subtle but were adding fuel. Which car was kicked? When?

They're saying this in relation to the protests.... to undermine the protests. That is what really makes me annoyed.

I think im probably in the middle , to an extent I might be able to forgive if that what welcoming him back is but I’m certainly not ready to forget . He’ll be there last game I’m sure , possible with the 6 team security team he apparently needs to be with 3 miles of goodison , and I’m sure most will be clapping him .

Bad state of affairs to be honest. What was it all about?
He knows he was in the wrong. He should be apologising and mean it
If not move on and forget him. They told lies so we shouldn’t lose any sleep over it.

Perhaps expecting someone to give up a paid role is too much, but he was in a unique position to speak out about what was going on at the club and the damage being inflicted on it.

He would have seen that, and should have seen it more than those that did not have his privilege.

But he chose to say and do nothing other than rally round those causing lasting harm.

If he would like to apologise and say that his words were inappropriate and wrong then that would be the end of the matter for me.

As it stands what should have been a wonderful legacy at the club has been badly tarnished.

Perhaps expecting someone to give up a paid role is too much, but he was in a unique position to speak out about what was going on at the club and the damage being inflicted on it.

He would have seen that, and should have seen it more than those that did not have his privilege.

But he chose to say and do nothing other than rally round those causing lasting harm.

If he would like to apologise and say that his words were inappropriate and wrong then that would be the end of the matter for me.

As it stands what should have been a wonderful legacy at the club has been badly tarnished.
Can't add to that
Spot on.

He was a stooge and used by Kenwright and DBB for their own ends. But, he's an adult and should have been able to make his own mind up. The gravy train was too much for him. Shame for the situation but shame for his part in it all.

View attachment 264559
I want to add @Groucho. His words in a national newspaper has consequences

We saw many fans from other clubs calling us thugs etc

Who's car had been kicked? When?

Our fans were badly maligned by "headlock gate" and those comments were adding fuel to the fire, they (Kenwright and his minions) started

It was never Bill Kenwright's club. Its our club. Collectively as we all - are the club

Why he should apologise. His words were reported widely

I was at the protest. Plus many others after videoing them. To prove they were non violent.
No one benefits from holding a grudge.

You never done something you regret?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.