Graeme Sharp

Should Graeme Sharp be welcomed back?

• Yes

• No

• Scottish mature cheddar on barra brith

Results are only viewable after voting.
He was a bad divvy for allowing himself to be caught up in Bills manipulation and mind games but the past is the past and it's Sharpy so bygones be bygones for me. Don't want him employed by the club again though, got to learn from past mistakes and jobs for the boys very rarely works. Need the best of the best no matter who they are to bring the club back to being successful again.

Of course he should be welcomed back.
A major part of one of the best teams we have ever had - we really should have ruled Europe for a few years and would have done without RS interference.
He's a blue through and through.
He may well have got caught up in the BK divide but not many really knew the extent of what was going on.
I'm sure he regrets certain words and actions but who doesn't.
He's still one of us.

No one benefits from holding a grudge.

You never done something you regret?
Absolutely loads of things , it’s hard to forgive is the person doesn't apologise though isn’t it ? Like I’ve said im Happy enough with him being back , I find it hard to ignore decades of adulation but a simple apology would help .

I was brought up to know that every makes mistakes , everyone messes up it’s how you respond that marks your character.

It would be good to get Southall back in the stadium too.

These guys are our legends - fix it before they pass on.
Southall should never have been exiled in the first place, because all he ever did was not parley with Kenwright and co. nor did he toe the party line.

He should already have been welcomed back with open arms. In terms of Sharp, I'm open to the idea of him coming back into the fold to some degree.

The mess wasn't entirely of his making knowing how Kenwright was with Southall et al. However, and it's a big however, it has to be a two-way thing...

I would expect Sharp to help fix the divide, perhaps with an apology. If he doesn't think he can do that, or worse doesn't need to, then he can stay in the wilderness.

No one benefits from holding a grudge.

You never done something you regret?

I've never as an non-executive director of a Premier League football club, had cause to smear a fanbase.

1st rule of being a director of a company. Never disparage your key stakeholders.

Personally, it's as much for me about the fans/shareholders and EFC stakeholders reasserting ourselves. We are the club. It's not Bill Kenwright's club and never was.

The Graeme Sharp apology means that was claimed as untrue and it vindicates the fans/shareholders and stakeholders. This means we have our club back as the truth is out and acknowledged.

No one at "the club" has apologised for what happened 14 January 2023. Colin Chong claimed in the
Ep. 10: Everton: Nothing Will Be The Same - New Beginnings podcast we all "misunderstood"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0gksx2r

No we did not Colin Chong. No one "misunderstood" anything.

Moaned about his testimonial in his book because he never got rangers or Celtic obviously meaning a bigger pay day for him , if anyone here remeber his testimonial it was a absolutely horrible that day and people still went and he had the cheek to moan he’s a leech

Don’t care for his opinions but it’s embarrassing he feels he’s not welcome.
One of a few genuine legends still able to attend GP and should be treated as such. Just don’t let him near a microphone or reporter.

Surprised those red troglodytes don’t make more of his treatment than they do.
We love to talk about the Shackley gates being installed to keep him out etc, should have a look at some of our behaviour at times.

I voted No at first then switched to Yes, but I am still torn,

I can see both sides of the argument and understand why some are vehemently against the idea. I favour an amnesty but wouldn't welcome him with open arms. I suspect he knows deep down that he betrayed the fans, and isn't likely to want to come back and face the music.

I’m 35 so didn’t benefit from his goals except hearing my dads stories and watching ropy vhs tapes but at one of the most troubled times in our history he spoke against the fans, and spoke lies.

I have no issue with hearing ex players say ‘the crowd really need to get behind the players and give them a lift’ when surely it’s on the players to give us something to sing about, that’s opinion, that’s fine and actually we’ve seen that work too but to lie about fans kicking in cars and headlocks that never happened, I’ll never be a fan of him.

He can go to the game if he buys a ticket but I’ll never respect him like Southall, Reid or the legend that was Kevin Campbell

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.