Graeme Sharp

Should Graeme Sharp be welcomed back?

• Yes

• No

• Scottish mature cheddar on barra brith

Results are only viewable after voting.
Don’t care for his opinions but it’s embarrassing he feels he’s not welcome.
One of a few genuine legends still able to attend GP and should be treated as such. Just don’t let him near a microphone or reporter.

Surprised those red troglodytes don’t make more of his treatment than they do.
We love to talk about the Shackley gates being installed to keep him out etc, should have a look at some of our behaviour at times.
don’t remember shankly ever saying anything about liverpool fans ?

I’m 35 so didn’t benefit from his goals except hearing my dads stories and watching ropy vhs tapes but at one of the most troubled times in our history he spoke against the fans, and spoke lies.

I have no issue with hearing ex players say ‘the crowd really need to get behind the players and give them a lift’ when surely it’s on the players to give us something to sing about, that’s opinion, that’s fine and actually we’ve seen that work too but to lie about fans kicking in cars and headlocks that never happened, I’ll never be a fan of him.

He can go to the game if he buys a ticket but I’ll never respect him like Southall, Reid or the legend that was Kevin Campbell

I'm going to be blunt (as I usually am) and this is for @Groucho benefit also

Graeme Sharp is not the brightest of people in the world. He's not what we term an intellect.

Nor is he super rich. As his era whilst better off than average people were not the modern day football multi millionaires

I do think he's been woefully misled by that ex "Chairman". This is why if he gives an apology that will be the end of it for me. I only want an apology because it sets him apart then from Bill Kenwright and Denise Barrett-Baxendale and their behaviour

Bill Kenwright had a hugely damaging impact on the club, and Graeme Sharp, make no bones about it is human collateral in that. So I seriously hope he does apologise. Specifically. Distances himself from the ex Board member's behaviour.

Genuine question I’d like to put to the proletariat.

Should an amnesty be called for Sharpy? What occurred wasn’t really anything to do with him, he was caught up in someone else’s lies, and is our leading post-war goalscorer and second all-time goalscorer as well as being one of our most decorated players.

I’m happy to welcome him back personally.

He never retracted any of it and stood shoulder to shoulder with the people that perpetuated those lies. I remember the Blue Union marches/ meetings and was at some of them and will never forget the sarcastic "One man and his dog jibe". Will never forgive it too, great player but awful person for me. He had his final payday from the club from Bill Kenwright at the club's expense. After going into exile, into hiding after helping to drag the fans down for the World to see, hope he enjoys his money and stays in exile.

He never retracted any of it and stood shoulder to shoulder with the people that perpetuated those lies. I remember the Blue Union marches/ meetings and was at some of them and will never forget the sarcastic "One man and his dog jibe". Will never forgive it too, great player but awful person for me. He had his final payday from the club from Bill Kenwright at the club's expense. After going into exile, into hiding after helping to drag the fans down for the World to see, hope he enjoys his money and stays in exile.
Exactly people think this was just a one off with sharp it’s been going on for years “one man and his dog “ about the blue union march the bum

I'm going to be blunt (as I usually am) and this is for @Groucho benefit also

Graeme Sharp is not the brightest of people in the world. He's not what we term an intellect.

Nor is he super rich. As his era whilst better off than average people were not the modern day football multi millionaires

I do think he's been woefully misled by that ex "Chairman". This is why if he gives an apology that will be the end of it for me. I only want an apology because it sets him apart then from Bill Kenwright and Denise Barrett-Baxendale and their behaviour

Bill Kenwright had a hugely damaging impact on the club, and Graeme Sharp, make no bones about it is human collateral in that. So I seriously hope he does apologise. Specifically. Distances himself from the ex Board member's behaviour.
Unfortunately, I highly doubt he would apologise, think he’s too far in with some of his rhetoric from the Radio City show etc.
I have no interest in what he has to say as he’s demonstrated himself to be a bit of plumb.
Best I think he would offer is some wooly gibberish about misunderstandings and mistakes being made.
That said, the fact I think he’s a bit of an idiot shouldn’t get in the way of him being revered for his actions in a blue shirt.
I think of him more like that mad uncle at a party tbh.
Respect him but don’t really want to spend any time with him or have to listen to his worthless opinions.

Last edited:
Sadly no..
He knew what was going on he could have distanced himself from the turmoil he should have said I’m out after the false accusations against the fans by the board during head lock gate..
Let him pay to sit in the stands and leave him be, but the Southalls and Stubbs’s who were ostracised by the previous board or some of its members should be the ones to be welcomed with open arms

Sharps not welcome because of the way sharp has behaved that’s my my point how does shankly being told to stay away from melwood for undermining paisley compare to that ?
They’re both behavioural issues when they were mere former player / manager, but again, that’s not my point.
My point is, I’d rather we didn’t give those grotty plebs from across the park any ammunition, regardless of the reason.

Last edited:

In my view, there was a concerted effort by the clubs custodians at the time to undermine, and tarnish the integrity and reputation of Everton fans.

When he was appointed to the board, I suggested on here it felt like he was being used as a human shield. Fans were on the case of the board - "sack the board" etc - so put a club legend on it.

Now, to be fair to him - even before he was on the board, I recall him laughing at protests years back as "haha one man and his dog"

But, lets remember what he said last time. January 2021. Did this article/release just happen or was it part of a PR effort?

The club decided it wasn't safe for them - the police had no involvement in that decision.
The club decided they'd release a statement in the hours before a critical game and protest to say it wasnt safe for them to attend.
The club directors dont need to attend a fixture - so why release that statement?

Self preservation and they threw fans under the bus. Now, where the below fell in all that is up for debate.

“It was a sad day for the club,” Sharp admitted

"It’s still uncertain whether we will get the go-ahead to attend the next home game against Arsenal on February 4. No one could ever have envisaged things getting to this state where you are actually in physical danger.

“I don’t want to miss games, Everton is in my blood. Of course, fans can have their say and I can understand the frustrations, but some of the protests have gone over the top.

“For instance, no one works harder than Denise. In addition to the day-to-day running of the club, she is also working tirelessly on the new stadium. For her to be targeted is so unfair.”

“The club is in turmoil,” Sharp added. “It needs unity with everyone working hard for the cause, supporters included. Surely no one wants to see scenes again where players have their cars kicked.

“It’s really disappointing when I’m advised not to attend a home game because of safety issues. We will now have to see what transpires in the next week or so before Arsenal arrive at Goodison.”

In my view, there was a concerted effort by the clubs custodians at the time to undermine, and tarnish the integrity and reputation of Everton fans.

When he was appointed to the board, I suggested on here it felt like he was being used as a human shield. Fans were on the case of the board - "sack the board" etc - so put a club legend on it.

Now, to be fair to him - even before he was on the board, I recall him laughing at protests years back as "haha one man and his dog"

But, lets remember what he said last time. January 2021. Did this article/release just happen or was it part of a PR effort?

The club decided it wasn't safe for them - the police had no involvement in that decision.
The club decided they'd release a statement in the hours before a critical game and protest to say it wasnt safe for them to attend.
The club directors dont need to attend a fixture - so why release that statement?

Self preservation and they threw fans under the bus. Now, where the below fell in all that is up for debate.

"It’s still uncertain whether we will get the go-ahead to attend the next home game against Arsenal on February 4. No one could ever have envisaged things getting to this state where you are actually in physical danger.

“I don’t want to miss games, Everton is in my blood. Of course, fans can have their say and I can understand the frustrations, but some of the protests have gone over the top.

“For instance, no one works harder than Denise. In addition to the day-to-day running of the club, she is also working tirelessly on the new stadium. For her to be targeted is so unfair.”

“The club is in turmoil,” Sharp added. “It needs unity with everyone working hard for the cause, supporters included. Surely no one wants to see scenes again where players have their cars kicked.

“It’s really disappointing when I’m advised not to attend a home game because of safety issues. We will now have to see what transpires in the next week or so before Arsenal arrive at Goodison.”

He was advised not to attend, apparently, but if he had any real gumption he'd have attended anyway because deep down he knows it was completely safe for any of them to be at Goodison.

He was advised not to attend, apparently, but if he had any real gumption he'd have attended anyway because deep down he knows it was completely safe for any of them to be at Goodison.

By who? The police distanced themselves from it. Said theyd had nothing raised to them at all.

The timing of that release, and action spoke volumes mate. Especially when there was no obligation or reason whatsoever to put out a statement saying why they felt they couldnt attend.

Sharp continued that line long afterwards to the press.

No good at all, IMO.

I mean it absolutely was a concerted effort and it started hours before a crucial game , they valued themselves before the very survival of the club . It’s hard for me to just put that to one side

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.