Graeme Sharp

Should Graeme Sharp be welcomed back?

• Yes

• No

• Scottish mature cheddar on barra brith

Results are only viewable after voting.
The thing is a lot if our ex players have said naff all with what's been happening to this club over the years, they have just sat on their hands. You would not get this at United or should I say Liverpool, if things are not right their ex players make sure the media know about it and are not scared to say things as they are.

I can only recall big Nev ever coming out and telling it for what it was

When Big Nev was excluded by Bill Kenwright from the main stand. He went and sat in the Lower Bullens. That is what Bill Kenwright used to do. It was confirmed by Alan Stubbs on Radio Merseyside as well, that if you criticised Kenwright, complimentary tickets are withdrawn.

There are others that have been excluded too from having interactions with "the club" due to Kenwright. Non players. That you just don't hear about.

I think also a lot of the 1980s era team, haven't grasped that the club was literally dying before our eyes under Kenwright. They're not super rich people, coming to Goodison now is a novelty for them. It should be a key indicator to people when Kenwright was called on to resign, he refused. Continually.

Our club has been a very sick one - culturally/institutionally - for a very long time.

The truth was hidden and people like Graeme Sharp were pushed out in front as a human shield. Or manipulated into doing stupid things.

People need to be able to speak their minds. As a club and a business, that is how it has to be.

We need to get back to what we are as a club.

If Graeme Sharp apologies then he should come back, but it's right he does apologise first. For his role.

You had Southall banished for speak up against Kenwright while he constantly warned us 'be careful what you wish for if Bill goes'

Couldn't care less if he was a member of our greatest team.

He's maggot and a leach.
When he was first appointed, Kenwright purred, :

'We were determined to have someone join us with not only great knowledge of Everton but also extensive football insight and experience,' said chairman Bill Kenwright.

'Someone who could support and challenge. And in Sharpy's case we've got this in abundance.'

I never heard a peep from him on his 'challenging role', only unfettered support.

As for the welcome back. No one as far as it seems has ever stopped him turning up. He's stayed away off course for his own safety due to everything that went on, but he's not actually been stopped, so he could turn up any time

When he was first appointed, Kenwright purred, :

'We were determined to have someone join us with not only great knowledge of Everton but also extensive football insight and experience,' said chairman Bill Kenwright.

'Someone who could support and challenge. And in Sharpy's case we've got this in abundance.'

I never heard a peep from him on his 'challenging role', only unfettered support.
I'd be curious to know what his working week entailed.

I think he’s still getting a few payments from mosh so he will stay quiet at the moment. He does need to explain what happened though.

He was never "not welcome". He just ran the risk of taking a bit of stick for accepting his 30 pieces silver from the regime killing the club and playing the roll of nodding dog. If he wants to come back then he can pay his own way like the rest of us and mingle with the peasants. If he won't do that then he obviously doesn't even care that much anyway and frankly him not coming back would be best for everyone.

I've had little time for Sharp since his days on first Radio City then the Legends phone-in were I clashed with him several times. He had me banned off there for my fierce criticisms of Kenwright and that was in the late-2000s way before most of the fanbase had turned on BK.

His sneering 'one man and a dog' comments regarding the Blue Union/Peoples Group protests of 2011 (which I was part of) shouldn't be forgotten and his open support for a board that wrecked our club plus smeared the fanbase with that disgraceful headlock gate/not safe for the board to attend statement shouldn't be either.

Loved Sharp as a player and truly sad that our second highest goalscorer and one of our most successful players has become persona non grata but he made his bed when he sold himself out and sided with Kenwright and co and now must face the consequences.

Should be welcomed back? For me I wouldn't say 'welcomed' as too much has gone on but an apology and for many we can move on then. It never was and never would be 'unsafe' for him to attend games at Goodison.

Genuine question I’d like to put to the proletariat.

Should an amnesty be called for Sharpy? What occurred wasn’t really anything to do with him, he was caught up in someone else’s lies, and is our leading post-war goalscorer and second all-time goalscorer as well as being one of our most decorated players.

I’m happy to welcome him back personally.
Purely based on his goal at Anfield I'd always forgive the lad.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.