Graeme Sharp

Should Graeme Sharp be welcomed back?

• Yes

• No

• Scottish mature cheddar on barra brith

Results are only viewable after voting.
Have you ever been a non-executive director of a Premier league football club?

Asking for a friend...
Mate I’ve never flown a plane but I know hitting a mountain is considered a bad thing.

As I’ve said I , like most of my generation , worshipped sharpy but I struggle to reconcile that adoration with his time perpetuating blatant lies about that very fan base .

I just wish he’d have a come to Jesus moment and we could all move on .

Strange but can’t recall him once coming out supporting the supporters, even the ones who wrestled Denise double barrel!
Welcome him back into the fold? I think not, he has had every opportunity since Blue Bills demise to come out and explain his hands were tied, he elected not to so live by the sword die by the sword.

The club as a whole is moving on and he should be left in GP with the rest of the ghosts.

Lifes to short. He's welcomed back. But he has tarnished his legacy at the club. Tough one for me as my teenage years following Everton all over the country was all Sharp leading the line superbly as the clubs centre forward.

Lifes to short. He's welcomed back. But he has tarnished his legacy at the club. Tough one for me as my teenage years following Everton all over the country was all Sharp leading the line superbly as the clubs centre forward.
This is what it boils down to for me.
There’s plenty of ‘legendary’ people in the world who when you look a bit closer at some of their viewpoints you wouldn’t necessarily agree with them or even find them offensive.
It was hardly life or death that he chose to talk wham / was duped into it.
Personally I’m quite able and happy to draw a distinction between his achievement for the club as a player and the absolute guff he’s spoke since hanging up his boots.

Personally got no regard for him (not that he would care of course) . It’s all there for everyone to see, his attitude stunk. He bemoaned the club declining in his book yet defended obnoxiously a regime that contributed to further decline.

Rather than have the decency to be more pragmatic between club and fans, he was passive aggressive and condescending. Let’s be honest, the club was the one giving him a living and he’s hardly going to slag off his employers. However , how he went about it was awful imo.

If all this had happened across the park there would have been outrage to say the least and places like this would be loving it. He was part of clique earning a living out of the club and it’s why so many stayed quiet after the events of last year.

It’s not for me to say people shouldn’t welcome him back , each their own, from a personal perspective I don’t like him but respect him as a player.

If the whole truth ever came out I think certain people at the club and some fans would not be regarded in a positive light. Self indulgence FC.

As a player I will always remember him fondly, after his conduct as a member of Kenwright's cadre I have no respect for him any more, none whatsoever. If he wants to come back to Goodison, fine. I've no problem with that, but, he owes us a massive apology for sticking up for Kenwright and perpetuating the 'headlock', thing. He also said that then police had warned him not to go to Goodison, but, it seems the police have no recollection of this. Also, I've seen no evidence of players having their cars kicked.

He fell under Kenwright's spell and enjoyed the dolce vita that went with it. He needs to apologise and explain his actions, or just quietly go about watching Everton from somewhere other than the directors box and pay for his own ticket.

Anyone voting ni should be locked into the pettiness thread. He was no more immune to being fooled and led along than the rest of us.
Well a lot of us weren’t fooled and we also weren’t sat in the room when these things were discussed. we also weren’t there when the police advised him not to attend a game as he said in his statement, then again neither was he because it’s a lie . One put out there to undermine and slander our fanbase .

As I’ve said I’m happy to move on and see the hero of my youth back in goodison , im
Less keen to pretend he was a victim and n the whole scenario. If he was great , get out there and tell us .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.