Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Groucho's Fact Hunt

I remember reading the ‘golf’ one as not being true.

The word 'golf' is not an acronym for anything. Rather, it derives linguistically from the Dutch word 'kolf' or 'kolve,' meaning quite simply 'club. ' In the Scottish dialect of the late 14th or early 15th century, the Dutch term became 'goff' or 'gouff,' and only later in the 16th century 'golf. '

I remember reading the ‘golf’ one as not being true.

The word 'golf' is not an acronym for anything. Rather, it derives linguistically from the Dutch word 'kolf' or 'kolve,' meaning quite simply 'club. ' In the Scottish dialect of the late 14th or early 15th century, the Dutch term became 'goff' or 'gouff,' and only later in the 16th century 'golf. '
5 outta 6 ain't bad though ;)

….’The Egg man’ in The Beatles song ‘I am the Walrus’ is Eric Burdon, lead singer of Animals.

Seems like Burdon was close friends with John Lennon & told him a story about what his Jamaican girlfriend did to him after breaking an egg on his naked body.

….’The Egg man’ in The Beatles song ‘I am the Walrus’ is Eric Burdon, lead singer of Animals.

Seems like Burdon was close friends with John Lennon & told him a story about what his Jamaican girlfriend did to him after breaking an egg on his naked body.
The standard...'asking for a friend' plea

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back