Group A: Germany, Scotland, Hungary, Switzerland

Yeah and he used to turn these exact same players into a compact unit that regularly scored goals, or at least tried to.

No shots on target until the 98th minute of the 3rd game man, this is down to some horrendous setups.
Everyone knew the goalscoring situation would be the problem.
Dykes injury never helped.

Meh, same here, but realistically you need both. I've played and helped coach youth teams and it was mostly on the technique, but then Messi/CR7 rose up so it was all the "I can do it on my own", which they obviously can't and Messi obviously doesn't either anyway, but that's beside the point. Kids frown a lot when you tell them they have to also learn to effing run, no work ethic, etc.

Almost deserves its own thread, this. I coach an under 19s team and have exactly the same issue.

They did unfortunately.
Germany...loss.
Swiss.. Draw
Hungary..win...it fell flat .
Just my opinion...I think pinning your hopes on the Hungary game was a daft decision.
Yeah I can see how the plans were those based on not even trying to score a goal or looking like a coherent team.

Clarke crapped the bed after a good qualifying campaign and that rightfully got people a bit excited at least.

Sadly he went back to being himself the second the big stage actually came close - friendlies in preparation were a joke, they didn't prepare anything, they were painfully unready about these games.

Yeah I can see how the plans were those based on not even trying to score a goal or looking like a coherent team.

Clarke crapped the bed after a good qualifying campaign and that rightfully got people a bit excited at least.

Sadly he went back to being himself the second the big stage actually came close - friendlies in preparation were a joke, they didn't prepare anything, they were painfully unready about these games.
And the alternative?
Manager wise...