• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group A: Germany, Scotland, Hungary, Switzerland

Looks like Nagelsmann is jamming all his chips, and planning to let second yellows do his rotating at the back for him in the round of 16 against second place in Group C, most likely England or Denmark.

That strikes me as a bit chancy. He could be replacing all but one of that back four next match. I get wanting to duck the Italians, but is he sure he wants Spain in the quarters? Really sure? They're likely playing one of England or Denmark either way, whether that's round of 16 or quarters.

I'm not sure I would throw everything I have at this one, given the tournament situation.
Probably Denmark, i doubt England gonna feck up vs Slovenia.
Not gonna be easy for them anyway, Denmark is good

Well, what were you saying?

I'm sorry my postings aren't as up to date as you would like. Pressures of work, and all that... 😉

I'm saying wanting your rival to get to a final and then lose is the most snide thing you can wish for (since this person was trying to suggest he wanted England to do well).

It's like Everton fans wanting Liverpool to be winning the league up until the final day then blowing it.

I'm saying wanting your rival to get to a final and then lose is the most snide thing you can wish for (since this person was trying to suggest he wanted England to do well).

It's like Everton fans wanting Liverpool to be winning the league up until the final day then blowing it.

;)

Looks like Nagelsmann is jamming all his chips, and planning to let second yellows do his rotating at the back for him in the round of 16 against second place in Group C, most likely England or Denmark.

That strikes me as a bit chancy. He could be replacing all but one of that back four next match. I get wanting to duck the Italians, but is he sure he wants Spain in the quarters? Really sure? They're likely playing one of England or Denmark either way, whether that's round of 16 or quarters.

I'm not sure I would throw everything I have at this one, given the tournament situation.
I really think the best way to approach these tournaments is to just win every game. No real point to trying to duck teams. Just win the games regardless of who is in front.

The Germans are thinking as much about the semis as they are the two previous rounds. I suspect they'll take their chances with Denmark/Serbia, Spain, and Portugal rather than chance Italy/Croatia, England, and France.

Of course, all of this is moot if we get a few surprises.

To be honest, I suspect going out to Spain in the last 8 would be considered more acceptable than going out to England.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back