Group B: Spain, Croatia, Italy, Albania

That Italian side failed to qualify for TWO World Cups. That is a fact. They had a purple patch in 2021 for a few weeks. Remaining unbeaten in Nations League matches, friendlies, etc., is irrevelant when you fail to qualify for two World Cups. Sweden and North Macedonia knocked them out of those World Cups, for heaven's sake. Yes, they won the Euros - a tournament that the planet will basically forget given the plague that surrounded it. I was delighted they won it - they were the best of a bad lot, but nobody thinks that Italian side was any kind of great European Championship-winning side. Not even the Italians.
I don't know mate. I thought they were good. Not great, but very good.

And let's face it, when you've seen Greece winning this tournament and that Portuguese team of a few years ago winning it, the status of EC winning teams is pretty questionable.

This is a tournament where you don't have to be a great team to win it.

Winning a euros isn't irrelevant no matter what you do either side of it. They played with an identity and innovation in perhaps the most entertaining international tournament I've watched, worthy winners and just a real fun side.

Not qualifying for the world cup after was poor, the previous tournament was a different regime and team rendering your argument a very large self own. As stared you are making yourself look very silly.
You haven't watched many international tournaments so - or you need to take off your England-tinted glasses. You are ridiculously invested in that Italian side and that freakish plague-ridden tournament. They will be remembered as much for their World Cup failures as the Euro win. That is a fact. They weren't a patch on previous Italian sides and that squad was found out by North Macedonia a few months later. A glamourous Greece.

Oh God, they have given Paddy and Molly their own TV show.

everton-carlo-ancelotti.gif

I don't know mate. I thought they were good. Not great, but very good.

And let's face it, when you've seen Greece winning this tournament and that Portuguese team of a few years ago winning it, the status of EC winning teams is pretty questionable.

This is a tournament where you don't have to be a great team to win it.
You said it. Not a great team to win it.

And by the standards of sides who have won it, no great shakes.