Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

Are we sure it couldn't be better? This is a setup that expect some great players to somehow conjure something - it is enough to walk over weak teams, but it always looks lackluster and pained against the big teams, crying out for some creativity in the team. It's overreliant on Kane and when he gets suffocated the plan is to give it to Saka so he can run at them and... cross to Kane.

Honestly shocked you're the one to bring that up - you (like me, not a criticism) are very critical of lack of optimal setups and all, and this is honestly the definition of it :lol:
It certainly wouldn’t be my choice, the TAA stuff is a bit mad for sure, but what they have created is a way of playing that pretty consistently gets them through tournaments. Could they open it up more? I’d say yes, I just think it’s understandable why they’re not.

It certainly wouldn’t be my choice, the TAA stuff is a bit mad for sure, but what they have created is a way of playing that pretty consistently gets them through tournaments. Could they open it up more? I’d say yes, I just think it’s understandable why they’re not.
Well, it's not like they've played about 50 games since he's set up like that, crying out for a more attacking CM partnership to create more for their abundant attack. Instead, he keeps playing the way we played under Martinez - 2 pivots and "hope for the best" going forward.

Not that this is a fix, but you can also... try other things? Especially now that they have even more attacking talent, it's a no brainer.

Instead, "Trent" in a defensive midfield duo.

e59d9975-0acb-4a39-b6c8-4c2486387d26.jpg

Don't like picking up after ourselves do we?

Even more pronounced in places like Germany where people actually care about keeping places tidy

What a bunch of gimps leaving the square like that

Did you see the state of London after the Scotland fans? Or the state of most places when pretty much any football team plays there?

I like to make fun of the bloated red faced Ingerlaaaamd fans as much as anyone but this is a pretty nothing thing to pick up on tbh

Well, it's not like they've played about 50 games since he's set up like that, crying out for a more attacking CM partnership to create more for their abundant attack. Instead, he keeps playing the way we played under Martinez - 2 pivots and "hope for the best" going forward.

Not that this is a fix, but you can also... try other things? Especially now that they have even more attacking talent, it's a no brainer.

Instead, "Trent" in a defensive midfield duo.
He values that they basically don’t concede chances more. Again not my way of playing. But I think that’s the easy answer and so long as it is working he’ll be doing that.

It’s weird that they’re asking him to play midfield like this right? He’s talented no doubt but he doesn’t do this regularly.

He 'reinvented the role of right-back', so they are now asking him to 'reinvent the midfield role'.

Perhaps they should try him in goal instead of Pickford?

He values that they basically don’t concede chances more. Again not my way of playing. But I think that’s the easy answer and so long as it is working he’ll be doing that.
Fair enough, but it's working to the extent it should and is definitely wasting the potential of an almost literal Golden Generation of footballers.

Having no actual cup wins and even being relegated from the nations league thing as they were in a tough group and not with Malta and Gibraltar is absolutely shocking. This should've been a dominant few tournaments, not an almost win on home turf that didn't happen anyway.

Either way, England win today, most likely.

He 'reinvented the role of right-back', so they are now asking him to 'reinvent the midfield role'.

Perhaps they should try him in goal instead of Pickford?
I believe that they’ve said that but it’s incredible to me that anyone would say that in a world where guys like Roberto Carlos and Marcelo came long before Trent. I guess technically LB but we all know it is the same thing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back