Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

Terrence Trent Derby is hopeless.

Doesn't want it in tight spaces so short passing moves either break down or go backwards.

Hes in the team to very occassionally take the ball when he's got loads of space to play 50:50 Hollywood balls.

Southgate has to hold his hands up, apologise and take him off.
This. The obsession with this fella is maddening. Hasn’t got the nous or awareness to operate in those tight, back-to-play areas. Wants an age to pick out a raking 60-yard pass.

Dozy hole football from us again. Rice and Arnold ...lazy short sideways passing...and to the opposition on far too many occasions. Theres no flow whatsoever in this set up. The monotone Geography teacher needs to put his marker pens away at half time, change the set up and kick their arses back up the tunnel.

I am living in Berlin with a German girl and have a half-German son. I love ze Germans - the greatest football nation in Europe: Beckenbauer, Müller, Rummenigge, Matthäus - legends of the game.

I just don't rate some of their current players

France remain my bet - if Mbappe is ok and they stay clear of distractions. But I don't think any side is head and shoulders above the rest right now. Spain have potential, too. I wouldn't write England off. But today is alarming. Plenty time for them to turn it around though and maybe lowered expectations might actually help them as they suffer from hype in ways other countries simply don't.
So we’re clear this is what I meant, just your posts feel like it’s a little personal sometimes with some of those you don’t rate.

I am living in Berlin with a German girl and have a half-German son. I love ze Germans - the greatest football nation in Europe: Beckenbauer, Müller, Rummenigge, Matthäus - legends of the game.

I just don't rate some of their current players.

France remain my bet - if Mbappe is ok and they stay clear of distractions. But I don't think any side is head and shoulders above the rest right now. Spain have potential, too. I wouldn't write England off. But today is alarming. Plenty time for them to turn it around though and maybe lowered expectations might actually help them as they suffer from hype in ways other countries simply don't.

Portugal look very strong tbf

Would go Gordon on for Arnold. Foden central. Push Bellingham back and tell Kane to stay high. If it's not working with Kane take him off for one of the other strikers. He always keeps Kane on when someone more mobile would probably work better. I get he's a world class finisher but the best managers know when it needs changing.

The biggest thing I’d complain about with Southgate is not telling Harry Kane to do his god damn job. Why the hell was he just in possession on the touchline? Stay up top you tit and you might touch a trophy one day. Get Watkins on
Watkins will do the exact same thing, as this is how Southgate wants the team to play.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back