Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

Its not fantasy football were you just pick a group of 'ballerz' . Why not if they fit a system and work well with other players in that system (Sterling & Kane are excellent together, a bit like how Son & Kane worked well together). No one in that squad can do that, no one can get close enough to Kane when the ball goes into him and no one accelerates into the tight spaces in the penalty area when a ball comes in like Sterling can
To be fair, Stirling has dropped off a lot the last few seasons. I don't think City got rid of him thinking he would sustain his levels or improve.

Not sure he'd be the saviour you suggest here.

Who would you put there?

249 goals in 349 top flight games would say different
I would then argue that 270+ mins of Kane MIA in June '24 would say different.

We could also say this for every tournament group stage (at least) for the last 3/4 years.

Our supposed reliance on him is crazy. Others need to be given a chance and see what they can offer up top.

IMG-20240626-WA0009.jpg

I think that Southgate is in danger of losing the unique selling point he started to develop in the 2018 World Cup when he said his England team were no longer burdened or hampered by fear. He seems to be following the path of Hodgson and could be close to his own Iceland moment when players are so wracked by fear they can barely pass the ball 5 yards.

I think that Southgate is in danger of losing the unique selling point he started to develop in the 2018 World Cup when he said his England team were no longer burdened or hampered by fear. He seems to be following the path of Hodgson and could be close to his own Iceland moment when players are so wracked by fear they can barely pass the ball 5 yards.
Probably worried they will get booed