• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group E: Belgium, Slovakia, Romania, Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
UEFA will be delighted. All of their cash cows are safely through to the "round of 16" second round. They won't be changing this format - except to make it even bigger.

I guess i'm still under impression of that first half where our coward in charge decided to play without striker in must win game and we barely fired a shot.
Entire country sent millions of curses at his side during that 1st half.

Was the feeling over petkovic or another one? I did find it weird you had a few forwards on the bench.

Was the feeling over petkovic or another one? I did find it weird you had a few forwards on the bench.
Any striker (Budimir who scored 20 in La Liga for Osasuna this season was on bench).

Basically we started with Kramaric nominally in forward position despite him not playing at that position for 10 years now (he plays as offensive midfielder in Bundesliga for his club.) So naturally during that 1st half he was coming to midfield to take the ball and playing anywhere but striker position. Finally at half time our "genius" decided to send in real striker (Budimir).
So must win game and we wasted entire half with completely missed tactic.

Yeah, Romania doesn't have any mentalists as opponents this time around so all the nonsense isn't present and it's just/mostly football.
Would be curious to see what it would be like with other Balkan fans but the Romanians seemed pretty chilled out about things. Very friendly with the Slovak fans ( who were also great despite being in lesser numbers)

Would be curious to see what it would be like with other Balkan fans but the Romanians seemed pretty chilled out about things. Very friendly with the Slovak fans ( who were also great despite being in lesser numbers)
Well @Daveysgingerlovechild can correct me here, but from our point of view there's not gonna be a lot of the animosity if we were to play Romania, doubt anyone has any problems with other nations other than Turkey and Serbia, really. Maybe Moldova vs Romania?

If we were to play Macedonia at a bigger tournament there's probably a fight breaking out tho - Levski Sofia played Shkupi Skopje last summer for one of the European club tournaments and when we went there there were people attacked and sent to hospitals and all, which surprisingly didn't happen when they came around to ours. Doubt it'd be much different if it's national teams - '22 saw a return fixture of that and it was a bit iffy at times. They proper hate us whereas we aren't really that bothered anymore, "we know we're s***" and all :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back