Group E: Belgium, Slovakia, Romania, Ukraine

Well @Daveysgingerlovechild can correct me here, but from our point of view there's not gonna be a lot of the animosity if we were to play Romania, doubt anyone has any problems with other nations other than Turkey and Serbia, really. Maybe Moldova vs Romania?

If we were to play Macedonia at a bigger tournament there's probably a fight breaking out tho - Levski Sofia played Shkupi Skopje last summer for one of the European club tournaments and when we went there there were people attacked and sent to hospitals and all, which surprisingly didn't happen when they came around to ours. Doubt it'd be much different if it's national teams - '22 saw a return fixture of that and it was a bit iffy at times. They proper hate us whereas we aren't really that bothered anymore, "we know we're s***" and all :lol:
Hungary vs Romania might have been interesting. There's a few weird remaining tensions between ethnic Hungarians and ethnic Romanians in the North West. A lot of it used to be Hungarian territory and there's a sizeable Hungarian minority. A few in Eastern Hungary are apparently still miffed about stuff from God knows how long ago.

Other than that, nah. Most Romanians are puzzled by/pity Moldova. "They're just spare Romanians, they have no culture of their own, but think they do." LOL

I find it endlessly amusing. Guess it must be a bit like that for outsiders looking at the bickering between England and the other GB Nations and Eire.

Hungary vs Romania might have been interesting. There's a few weird remaining tensions between ethnic Hungarians and ethnic Romanians in the North West. A lot of it used to be Hungarian territory and there's a sizeable Hungarian minority. A few in Eastern Hungary are apparently still miffed about stuff from God knows how long ago.

Other than that, nah. Most Romanians are puzzled by/pity Moldova. "They're just spare Romanians, they have no culture of their own, but think they do." LOL

I find it endlessly amusing. Guess it must be a bit like that for outsiders looking at the bickering between England and the other GB Nations and Eire.
Sounds familiar....
1719484565210.png

1719484584943.jpeg

1719484608061.jpeg