• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group F: Turkey, Georgia, Portugal, Czech Republic

I’ve been asleep for 96% of this game. Could someone quickly summarise the scoreline for me please? Thanks x

Yes mate. Portugal have scored 3 more goals then the opposition, Turkey, who have scored zero. If Turkey score 3 goals they have a chance for a point granted they stop Portugal scoring again, in which case they'd need to score more than 3.

Yes mate. Portugal have scored 3 more goals then the opposition, Turkey, who have scored zero. If Turkey score 3 goals they have a chance for a point granted they stop Portugal scoring again, in which case they'd need to score more than 3.

Makes perfect sense, thank you - you’re a scholar and a gentleman.

Ronaldo was terrible again there today. There's nothing left to give at this level. No zip in those legs, no magic in the boots, a shadow of his former self in the air.

Going to take a big decision to put him on the bench and I don't think Roberto will do it. He's seen as a talisman, I suppose, and there'd be uproar.

He might be able to influence a game second half as the tournament wears on and defensive legs tire, but Portugal are playing with 10 men otherwise.

Ronaldo was terrible again there today. There's nothing left to give at this level. No zip in those legs, no magic in the boots, a shadow of his former self in the air.

Going to take a big decision to put him on the bench and I don't think Roberto will do it. He's seen as a talisman, I suppose, and there'd be uproar.

He might be able to influence a game second half as the tournament wears on and defensive legs tire, but Portugal are playing with 10 men otherwise.
And this is why, impressive and all as they are, we can rule out Portugal actually winning this. That and the fact they are now in the top-half of the draw with Germany and Spain, almost certainly.

And this is why, impressive and all as they are, we can rule out Portugal actually winning this. That and the fact they are now in the top-half of the draw with Germany and Spain, almost certainly.

Yep. It's a shame as Portugal have as good a squad of players as anyone.

I bet Martinez is hoping that Ronaldo pulls a hamstring in training.

Yep. It's a shame as Portugal have as good a squad of players as anyone.

I bet Martinez is hoping that Ronaldo pulls a hamstring in training.
"He's been phenomenal, Ronaldo, but he's crocked. So I've called up Luis Figo with special dispensation."

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back