• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group F: Turkey, Georgia, Portugal, Czech Republic

So, today is the day this interminable preliminary positioning competition finally ends and we can get on with the serious business at the weekend.

England will play Slovakia - in all likelihood - if the Czechs or Georgians win. Portugal, already through, can field a second string. So, Georgia have a chance - but one would still expect the Georgians to come up short.

The Turkey-Czech Republic game is the intriguing one. A lot of people seem to have written off the Czechs who have looked pretty dour up to now, although I think they might have earned more than their single point from two performances that should have returned at least one win. I quite fancy them to upset the Turks and give Gareth his dream path to the last 8. Turkey strike me as a team that is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. There is something vaguely hysterical about their support and I think that could transfer today. The Turkish diaspora adds pressure by making this an effective home game, but the Czechs are hardly in unfamiliar surroundings themselves, and I think they might have the calm to prick the Turkish bubble.

Slovakia it is, Gareth! You've got this.

Big chance now for Czechia, beat Turkey and they’ll knock out Hungary for that last L16 place
And smooth England's path to the final.

Looking at the bracket, England might have to play Slovakia, Switzerland, and Romania for a place in the final. Not an exaggeration, if the Turks or Portuguese lose tonight. Absolutely steeped.

And smooth England's path to the final.

Looking at the bracket, England might have to play Slovakia, Switzerland, and Romania for a place in the final. Not an exaggeration, if the Turks or Portuguese lose tonight. Absolutely steeped.
I'm sure you'll be happy for England if it pans out that way.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back