• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Guardiola to be found out in the premier league

So people rate Guardiola as this great manager perhaps the best in the world but what defines a great manager.
Should a manager who is managing Barcelona with the best team in the world win the league and champions league... yes. he won the champions league twice with barcelona out of four attempts, he won the league 3 times out of 4. Is Luis Enrique a great manager too? or does he just managing a great team?
Should a manager with Bayern Munich win the champions league, a team who in his era there perhaps the best in the world.... yes, he didnt win it. He won the bundesliga 3 times but hardly surprising when he signed all their rivals best players from them, eg Lewandowski and Gotze.
My main point being, he failed at Bayern Munich, the league was a gimme for the them but ultimately the champions league he didnt even reach a final.
As for the premier league when did a team last win the league playing Barca esque style football? I dont think its been done. Look what that style did to Everton last season. Then compare Leicester's effective counter attack style.
For me Guardiola has done what has been expected of him as a whole on his career and certainly is no elite manager. His style will be found out and I expect him be struggling next season. I cant understand the hype and odds suggest Man City are huge favourites to win the league... not for me.

This went well

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back