• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Guardiola to be found out in the premier league

You've thrown a blanket over anyone lamenting city and other clubs turning their league into a monopoly, plenty of fans were against city or chelseas ownership model, some didn't realise until later and a multitude of other timelines of events and motives. To call everyone who disagrees with cheering on city a hypocrite or rs media is a bit silly or perhaps you are talking predominantly about the media?

Definately problems in the media, a lot of which comes from the over saturation of football media which inevitably leads to lots of uninformed opinions being given a voice.

Competitiveness in an industry as large as football is predominantly about wealth, and if its to be prevented from being about anything other than wealth then it has to be by regulation. I don't disagree with the framing of how this has been reported by and large, there some decent voices and even some studies on the deterioration of competitiveness in football but they are usually drowned out by the simon jordans of the world.

One thing I can't bring myself to dull is cheer on a dull city side with disturbing ownership, an irritating manager and sycophantic fanbase with includes of noel gallagher as its cheerleader, I'm guessing people do this out of fatalism or some 'enemy of my enemy' vibe but I find it all a bit grim.
I am talking about the media. It was an utter disgrace the way Louise Taylor in the Guardian, of all newspapers, almost cheerled for the Saudi despots to take over Newcastle. And now we have Ronay and Liew lamenting how poor Arsenal have been done out of it. Well, that's what happens when there is little in the way of scrutiny for despotic nation states taking over football clubs. The Guardian practically campaigned to get rid of Gillette and Hicks at Liverpool. I remember their legal reporter practically on the steps of the court house with the Liverpool fan representatives. But with City? Not too much noise. Ditto Chelsea. It was as if none of those developments were true threats to Liverpool, United, or Arsenal - until they were. And the media loved the idea of "competition" - especially if another London club could offer it. Pretty mich everyone was "on brand".

They dined out on "Roman" for years. They're being devoured now.

No I'm fine with not excusing child sex trafficking, legalised domestic violence, slavery and the criminalisation of same sex marriage. Along with your clubs lesser crimes of cheating in football
What has drawn this recent glut of nefarious knob ends out of the woodwork? I had considered undercover reds here to lap up our relegation because of the points deductions, and now that's gone south it's toys out of the pram time. But I think I'm wrong. pish boilers, hard cheesers, entertainers and I'm sure there's a few more. Roll on the tennis, Olympics and euros. Tired.

How dare the third biggest spenders dominate the league!

It’s an utter travesty that the rules brought in to protect Liverpool and United aren’t working.

Go and cry “115 charges” with your Kopite media pals if it bothers you that much that the establishment clubs can’t rig their way to titles any more.

Perhaps the league should start making city waste 95m on a crap forward. Or 80m on a crap midfielder.

City are the most well run and sustainable club on the planet. Utter joke that people think they should be raked over the coals and genuinely think it would have been better for Arsenal to win the league after the absolute blatant corruption shown in our last game.

This was perhaps the most wrong thread title there’s ever been after total domination of English football apart from the * year and getting city a first ever champions league, always gives me a chuckle when it’s bumped, much like when Haaland and Nunez were signed at the same time and Haaland missed a good chance in the charity shield and all the kopites were saying they’d made the better signing 🤣

I can see you're a sufferer of Compulsive Uttering Numbers Tourettes Syndrome. You can call the helpline on 9320 115 115 115
No i'm good, can you condemn your owners while your scouting round other clubs forums for allies.

Your owners are accused of child sex trafficking, legalising domestic violence, slavery and the persecution of gay folk, anything to say on thsi while you and your fan base chant their names.

You also definately cheated at footy, its why you avoid court dates so readily.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back