Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gylfi Sigurdsson Deal Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirallas, Lookman, DCL, Sandro, none of these are slow.

Relax, Ronny's got this.

Cant see Mirallas and Lookman getting much of a look in at the moment.

Depends on what formation we use but looking likely 4-2-3-1 after the second half against Stoke.

Gueye and Morgan as the defensive pair of midfielders. Rooney, Klassen and Siggy behind Sandro.

Wait till September for net spend and you'll soon realise I was right

lol

It's an easy game to play though. When this Sigurdsson deal goes through you will be completely in the wrong at that time. I've not even bothered reading most of your recent stuff as I knew how smug you'd be when Lukaku was sold and we hadn't yet purchased anyone and I don't think I saw you mentioning the 'wait til September' line then?

If we sign a striker then the net spend nonsense argument will be even weaker.

But where I am sure we will both agree is that if we do not spend on a good enough striker before the window closes, we are in for a tough season in terms of progression. I'm only playing you at your own game with the net spend stuff....To me that isn't what is actually important. It's about buying the right players in the right positions. We seem to have done that pretty much everywhere except for replacing Lukaku, but like you, I have serious concerns about our ambitions this season until we do that because at best Sandro, Rooney and Klaassen would only likely equal Lukaku's 25 goals. We need an extra 15-20 coming from other players on top of those 25 goals, for us to push in to the top 4 or 5.

Depends on what formation we use but looking likely 4-2-3-1 after the second half against Stoke.

Gueye and Morgan as the defensive pair of midfielders. Rooney, Klassen and Siggy behind Sandro.

I think Rooney and klaassen will rotate so Sandro Rooney/klaassen sig behind a striker

lol

It's an easy game to play though. When this Sigurdsson deal goes through you will be completely in the wrong at that time. I've not even bothered reading most of your recent stuff as I knew how smug you'd be when Lukaku was sold and we hadn't yet purchased anyone and I don't think I saw you mentioning the 'wait til September' line then?

If we sign a striker then the net spend nonsense argument will be even weaker.

But where I am sure we will both agree is that if we do not spend on a good enough striker before the window closes, we are in for a tough season in terms of progression. I'm only playing you at your own game with the net spend stuff....To me that isn't what is actually important. It's about buying the right players in the right positions. We seem to have done that pretty much everywhere except for replacing Lukaku, but like you, I have serious concerns about our ambitions this season until we do that because at best Sandro, Rooney and Klaassen would only likely equal Lukaku's 25 goals. We need an extra 15-20 coming from other players on top of those 25 goals, for us to push in to the top 4 or 5.
Every team in the PL would have great difficulty replacing a 25 goal striker.He (RK) is trying to find a way.

Would swap Klaassen and Gylfi round, Sandro for Klaassen, then DCL for Klaassen at the minute.

Sandro didn't look up to being the focal point at the weekend and we need at least a bit of a physical presence up front.

I have been clear that I probably wouldn't have gone for him. However as with any signing he gets my full support and I hope he proves wrong as many have done in the past!

I think he gives Koeman everything he is looking for. Goals, assists, work rate, flexibility, set piece delivery and intelligence. While I don't think he has a "next level" to go too, if he can replicate his form for Swansea with us, getting 8-10 league goals and assists a season, even with the startling figure involved it will be decent business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back