Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
My stance has been pretty solid David, I believe we had the money we spent already on hand.

The sale of Lukaku just means we have more resources to replace and improve the squad following his departure.

When others are sold, they will also be replaced.

Make your mind up (again!).

Do you think the Lukaku cheque is a genies lamp you rub as many times as you want and get wishes granted?

It's almost already spoken for.

If your largest shareholder sanctions the sale of family member McCarthy and Barkley then we can spend big again.
That Lukaku cheque/genie's lamp metaphor is very good. I've said it before and I'll say it again; you write exceptionally well. Sometimes I think your opinions are a little :Blink:, but goddamn you express them entertainingly!

For hopeless teams.

I have high hopes for Keane; Pickford needs to prove he's a GK that can focus for long periods with nothing much to do and act when called upon.

I have big reservations about this kid.
Agree about the keeper,hope I'm wrong

???

I do not deviate.
You stated the other day you thought there'd be a big negative net spend; now you strongly imply we'll shift all the cash we bring in and then some....mind you, you also stated a small net spend was a hangable offence for Moshiri last summer, this year it's ok.....

You stated the other day you thought there'd be a big negative net spend; now you strongly imply we'll shift all the cash we bring in and then some....mind you, you also stated a small net spend was a hangable offence for Moshiri last summer, this year it's ok.....

No, I projected a net spend based on the current links to players, I think of around minus 20m, but I did point out that we would still need 3-4 players AFTER that point.

My first projection of around 150m net spend is looking less likely, but I think we are still on course for a record transfer spend.

We could easily break 200m spent this window.

Do you think the Lukaku cheque is a genies lamp you rub as many times as you want and get wishes granted?

It's almost already spoken for.

If your largest shareholder sanctions the sale of family member McCarthy and Barkley then we can spend big again.
Judging by your financial astuteness, Im not sure you actually know what a cheque is or looks like.

No, I projected a net spend based on the current links to players, I think of around minus 20m, but I did point out that we would still need 3-4 players AFTER that point.
My first projection of around 150m net spend is looking less likely, but I think we are still on course for a record transfer spend.
We could easily break 200m spent this window.

...and it wouldn't mean a thing if to do that you sold all your valuable players.

If Chelsea went out and sold Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Courtois, Kante and Costa for £400M and spent it again you'd think: "dafuq's that about?!".

Judging by your financial astuteness, Im not sure you actually know what a cheque is or looks like.
Financial astuteness?

Do you need much of that when you have to calculate how the club pays for its players?

The financial 'astuteness' comes in to take arguments up and down lanes and back again to throw people off the scent.

I'm not a mug. I have plenty of experience along with others of carpet baggers at this club. Is Moshiri another in a long line of them? Let's see when that window shuts.

Hi, sorry to interrupt , but could someone direct me to the Gylfi Sigurdsson thread. I want to discuss how boss he's gonna be for us. Cheers in advance. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back