Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's a very good player and one of my shouts for a long time. However, anything that goes beyond £30M is insane.

Nothing about the finance in football is sane. It's insane & offensive. But if we want to mix it with the big boys, then that's what's required.

If it all goes tits up, we'll still be there for Prescot Town away!

Im a new poster to these boards, so maybe Ive missed something, but Im not entirely sure I remember us being elite in the EPL for a number of years. We've had a mixed bag of seasons in the past decade, don't let a bit of cash go to your head.
With the exception of the top six, the final league positions for rest of the division has chopped and changed each season. There is definitely cause for optimism, but some folk on here sound like City fans.

giphy.gif

Why would we walk away from a player we want?
Thats not what we do these days, these days we stay at the table till the deal is done, havent you wanted that for years? I know I have, get the deals done, get the players in.
You really arent grasping the vast resources we currently have available.

Do you think the Lukaku cheque is a genies lamp you rub as many times as you want and get wishes granted?

It's almost already spoken for.

If your largest shareholder sanctions the sale of family member McCarthy and Barkley then we can spend big again.

I think it's a bit unbecoming to play both sides. I am fine with the net spend argument. The market is what it is though. Would rather you argue the merits of the player than the fee since you've dug in so deeply on the net spend argument.
I cant say it any plainer: you dont need to be had off by no mark clubs in order to spend well and spend a lot. There's a whole world of players out there...apparently Walsh gets paid to seek them out. If all he does is put name players in front of the board wtf is he for?

Do you think the Lukaku cheque is a genies lamp you rub as many times as you want and get wishes granted?

It's almost already spoken for.

If your largest shareholder sanctions the sale of family member McCarthy and Barkley then we can spend big again.

My stance has been pretty solid David, I believe we had the money we spent already on hand.

The sale of Lukaku just means we have more resources to replace and improve the squad following his departure.

When others are sold, they will also be replaced.

He'd be the only established Premier league player we'd have bought so far this summer. Get him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back