Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would as an addition, but not as replacement for Ross.

I'd like to think Ross will stay and challenge Gylfi and whoever else for a starting berth next season. It'd certainly breed some great competition.

The question is, whether Ross has that fight in him or not.

Sigurdsson is currently a better, more rounded and consistent player than Barkley, due to age and experience mostly.

But Ross is no spring chicken now in terms of how many games he has played, even though he is still young. He has improved his game a lot in the last six months, but yet many of the same inconsistencies that were present when he broke through have not been ironed out.

He would as an addition, but not as replacement for Ross.

Starting to look like Ross is not really highly thought of by many these days. Most people I speak to who support other clubs think he has well gone off the rails from what he could have been.

I think I would prefer Gylfi personally. Not as much baggage as Ross seems to carry in everything he does.

Starting to look like Ross is not really highly thought of by many these days. Most people I speak to who support other clubs think he has well gone off the rails from what he could have been.

I think I would prefer Gylfi personally. Not as much baggage as Ross seems to carry in everything he does.

Ross is a class act and has all the tools to be a great player still.

If there wasn't an issue over his contract, there's no doubt he'd be a key part of the squad moving forward.

But that doesn't mean we can't bring in additional players for him to compete with.

It's up to him now.

Ross is a class act and has all the tools to be a great player still.

If there wasn't an issue over his contract, there's no doubt he'd be a key part of the squad moving forward.

But that doesn't mean we can't bring in additional players for him to compete with.

It's up to him now.

i am afraid that unless he has had a brain transplant this summer I have to disagree.

i am afraid that unless he has had a brain transplant this summer I have to disagree.

Ross is a player who acts on instinct.

I don't see what he did wrong in the second half of the season to warrant such criticism, bar losing his head in the derby.

He isn't a midfielder for me, though. In Koeman's system, he has to be utilised as one of the three forward players. If not he gets bogged down.

Ross is a player who acts on instinct.

I don't see what he did wrong in the second half of the season to warrant such criticism, bar losing his head in the derby.

He isn't a midfielder for me, though. In Koeman's system, he has to be utilised as one of the three forward players. If not he gets bogged down.

He had a decent run of form from January when the team went on a run, prior to that he wasn't pulling any trees up at all. The run of games we picked up a lot of points were against the lesser sides and it's fair to say I think (but am prepared to be shot down on that one) he disappeared again in the games that really mattered.

He tried hard at the pit but made a plum of himself by over trying and was lucky not to be sent off.

I still like him, would be happy to see him stay and fight for his place like you too. Still think Gylfi would be a great addition too though.

I'd like to think Ross will stay and challenge Gylfi and whoever else for a starting berth next season. It'd certainly breed some great competition.

The question is, whether Ross has that fight in him or not.

Sigurdsson is currently a better, more rounded and consistent player than Barkley, due to age and experience mostly.

But Ross is no spring chicken now in terms of how many games he has played, even though he is still young. He has improved his game a lot in the last six months, but yet many of the same inconsistencies that were present when he broke through have not been ironed out.

Disagree.

Barkley has the technical ability and physical attributes to be potentially world class. However, too often he looks like a deer in the headlights, makes the wrong decision repeatedly and at times last year looked utterly not arsed and lazy, which is a major concern. Don't think he'll ever reach his potential unless he has a complete change is his mentality.

Where is this bugger club? Is it easy to get in?
ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-bouvier-des-flandres-puppies-for-sale-uk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back