Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im really quite surprised most of our supposed targets are currently EPL based.
We have a guy like Walsh who is supposed to scour the world for the best talent, yet the current targets are right under our noses.

We're also picking up young players. Showing both a short term & long term strategy.

Koeman will want success now, hence ready made EPL proven targets. Walsh's task is to build a conveyor belt of upcoming talent, which he does appear to be doing.

COYB!!!

Reactions: Sy-
top 7 mate, i've provided stats before stating how it's definitely more of a top 7 than a top 6. I think last season was only the 3rd out of the last 10 where that "top 6" have all finished inside the actual top 6 positions. Liverpool have been yoyoing in and out of it over the last 5 years themselves.
I think then you have proved my point that any club in the league can be considered a rival?

We're also picking up young players. Showing both a short term & long term strategy.

Koeman will want success now, hence ready made EPL proven targets. Walsh's task is to build a conveyor belt of upcoming talent, which he does appear to be doing.

COYB!!!

I actually quite like the strategy being employed. A definite need to develop younger players as we may not always be so flushed with cash. That said, just because because we have cash doesn't mean you blow it at the first opportunity.

Really not that bothered by if he comes or not. We need pace and guile. He has the latter, not the former and it's suspect how much of the latter he has in open play..

I still don't really want Mr Sigurdsson.

I can't put my finger on why.
Yeah, it's wierd isn't it? There's just something meh about him for some reason.

For me, I think it might be linked to his time at Reading, which happens to be where I live. Reading FC is such an unbeleivable beige football team, I just can't get excited about anyone that played for them.

Brilliantly, Drenthe turned up and played a few games for them, before doing his usual dissapearing act. They should have kept him, at least they'd have been interesting for a while.

I actually quite like the strategy being employed. A definite need to develop younger players as we may not always be so flushed with cash. That said, just because because we have cash doesn't mean you blow it at the first opportunity.

Moshiri is no mug. He's a qualified bean counter, used to big business. The money involved in football is astronomical & the higher you climb, the more there is.

We're competing in a global market now. I travel overseas a fair bit & see kids wearing Chelsea shirts. Never saw that 10-15 years ago, but they've put themselves in that shop window by breaking the bank for global icons.

The game has changed.

Yeah, it's wierd isn't it? There's just something meh about him for some reason.

For me, I think it might be linked to his time at Reading, which happens to be where I live. Reading FC is such an unbeleivable beige football team, I just can't get excited about anyone that played for them.

Brilliantly, Drenthe turned up and played a few games for them, before doing his usual dissapearing act. They should have kept him, at least they'd have been interesting for a while.

Actually forgot he was at Reading. That was ages ago then didn't he go to Hoffenheim for a big fee? Well big for the time?

He's a good player, and I do not hate him in any way. Like you say, he just doesn't excite me in any way either, which is weird for a player who scores great free kicks. Usually i'd be all over that.

at the start of the summer he was my no1 target and most realistic I felt...can't believe how the window has gone so far and now I look at Sandro/Rooney/Kev for the left slot Rooney/Klassen/Barkley? centre and just not feeling the importance of getting him...would likely score one or 2 more from set pieces sure and thats always welcome but I'd prioritise right wing, striker and lb above him now

Moshiri is no mug. He's a qualified bean counter, used to big business. The money involved in football is astronomical & the higher you climb, the more there is.

We're competing in a global market now. I travel overseas a fair bit & see kids wearing Chelsea shirts. Never saw that 10-15 years ago, but they've put themselves in that shop window by breaking the bank for global icons.

The game has changed.

The Rooney deal is all about the shirt sales - Rooney is unloved by the English media, and unappreciated by English fans (Im a Jock, so I know better:dance:), Rooney is still appreciated outside of our shores, and Rooney will boost brand awareness - that's the key for Everton, not Rooney the player, although he will still do well, and still be an asset.

Heres a mad thought, Shinji Kagawa for example, so we can tap into the Japanese market? Im not quite up with the J-League, perhaps there is an alternative target there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back