Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester supposed to have had a 40mil bid rejected. We should walk away from this one. Got to be be able to find a better value player. If sandro is a numbet 10 in a similar mold to rooney i cant see why we cant start with him and rooney playing off a target man and have klaasenn breaking forward from a mid field 3.

...SW has said they will consider each target and always look for value for money. I like Sigurdsson but I agree that Leicester's bid might be over our valuation. Shame, but we might need to look elsewhere. Saying that, Rooney ticks a lot of the same boxes.

As a matter of interest, how many years left on Sigurdsson's contract?

Only signed a new deal last summer so at least 3.

The big point now though is that if Swansea are valuing him at £50m, his agent will be knocking on Swansea's door for a new deal that reflects that price tag. They are being backed into a corner here.

Not at all.

The point was Barkley disappears from games "99% of the time". So by that argument, the 1% was influencial in getting in 7th.
No it doesnt. And thats the last breath Ill waste on someone whos going to do that, because thats about as big a fallacy as I've ever seen on this board, and Davek's been on here for some time.

Only signed a new deal last summer so at least 3.

The big point now though is that if Swansea are valuing him at £50m, his agent will be knocking on Swansea's door for a new deal that reflects that price tag. They are being backed into a corner here.
you would think Swansea would be amenable to that; he is what keeps them in the PL

Still a lot to play out on this one, we may well find a compromise with "add-ons" that suits everybody, though I don't think he is worth north of £40m either.

Interesting to see if that will be the minimum acceptable to Swansea seeing Leicester have bid that amount, but if he doesn't want to go there it doesn't matter what they bid.

If we have other irons in the fire, and I expect so, then lets pursue them.

I have had a feeling all summer that this will be the one that isn't meant to be but having said that we'll definately sign him now :)

you would think Swansea would be amenable to that; he is what keeps them in the PL

True.

But Gylfi might want the move. He can either stay and try and secure a respectable bottom half finish.
Or move, and prove his period at Spurs was not above his ability.

Swansea have used that difficult 2 year spell to create self doubt in him. Fair enough as they would be in serious trouble if he leaves.

No it doesnt. And thats the last breath Ill waste on someone whos going to do that, because thats about as big a fallacy as I've ever seen on this board, and Davek's been on here for some time.

So is the idea that Barkley disappears from games 99% of the time. And that Sigurdsson is worth £50million.

David Silva - £25milion
Philippe Coutinho - £11million
Cesc Fabregas - £28million
Willian - £30million
Christian Eriksen - £11million

Gylfi Siggurdson - £50million.

:oops:

Ross to Arsenal £35 million plus Giroud, add £5 million of the Lukaku money, get Gylfi, then sit back and watch the RS, PANIC BUY ALL SUMMER

If they are honestly asking for £50 million then as much as I rate Sigurdsson he isn't worth that. Move on.

If I'm honest, I'm kind of feeling that way, too, but I'm also wondering what other foreign talent we can go out and get at that value/quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back