2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he can get a free kick and slot it I can see his season taking off.

All about momentum and confidence.

Do you see him being given a chance Dave under Dave?

I was thinking last night that Unsworth is going to have to be a bit like a politician and try and keep everyone happy in the short term as I'm sure long term Everton won't want any of their big "investments" from the summer cast aside too soon.

Let's be honest here, based on current form if we were to sell Gylfi we would be lucky to claw even half back what we outlayed on him and we'd be lucky to get a 3rd back for Klassen. Niasse and Calvert Lewin got a spot on the bench ahead of Ramirez which gives you an idea where he's currently at and even if Morgan was fit last night I actually think he may still have plumped for Benni anyway.

Decisions decisions decisions, I guess he can always rotate Rooney and Gylfi if we are playing one behind the front man as hopefully he realised 1st half last night Rooney simply csnt play up top alone, that just ain't his game

Do you see him being given a chance Dave under Dave?

I was thinking last night that Unsworth is going to have to be a bit like a politician and try and keep everyone happy in the short term as I'm sure long term Everton won't want any of their big "investments" from the summer cast aside too soon.

Let's be honest here, based on current form if we were to sell Gylfi we would be lucky to claw even half back what we outlayed on him and we'd be lucky to get a 3rd back for Klassen. Niasse and Calvert Lewin got a spot on the bench ahead of Ramirez which gives you an idea where he's currently at and even if Morgan was fit last night I actually think he may still have plumped for Benni anyway.

Decisions decisions decisions, I guess he can always rotate Rooney and Gylfi if we are playing one behind the front man as hopefully he realised 1st half last night Rooney simply csnt play up top alone, that just ain't his game
I think Unsworth picked a team last night with more of an eye on Sunday. I reckon Sigurdsson will be part of the plans for that game and those beyond it. I'm sure he'll want WR onside as he's a mate etc and a player who can pinch a goal or two still for us.

as dave said above, think the likes of sig, vlasic, keane who, lewin who never started yesterday are certain to start on Sunday

played in the right position he is a quality player, no one denies we paid to much for him but he's still a top player

As Davek says, I'm pretty sure he'll do alright if he can get a confidence boost.
With Unsworth using wingers, we're bound to pick up more free kicks around the area especially if the likes of Lookman and Vlasic run at defenses. Baines hasn't scored from a free in ages, I reckon Sigurdssons set pieces could cause havoc in the box.

As Davek says, I'm pretty sure he'll do alright if he can get a confidence boost.
With Unsworth using wingers, we're bound to pick up more free kicks around the area especially if the likes of Lookman and Vlasic run at defenses. Baines hasn't scored from a free in ages, I reckon Sigurdssons set pieces could cause havoc in the box.

Baines' deliveries last night were poor also, choose a short pass at the wrong times

Great stuff seeing Benni make his debut, Davies back in the engine room and Kenny at right back. Pretty good team selection, although no way should Lennon have got a start before Lookman.

Unsworth is playing an astute card at the moment. He knows the supporters clamour for youth,width and pace, and for the manager to re connect with the fans. He’s said all the right things about being an ‘Evertonian ‘, all things Koeman didn’t do.

Sure thing, let’s give him a chance, but let’s slso not get carried away. That team was always going to run their socks off last night.

Unsworth’s real challenge is to get the likes of Keane,Sigurdsson and Williams firing and playing with confidence. Let alone Klaassen,Ramirez and Schniderlin.

At the moment,and let’s be realistic here, a point at Leicester looks some distance away, let alone a win. I’d love Unsy to prove me wrong, but the challenge ahead in repairing stricken confidence is looking an unreal one for a rookie manager.

With the new owner and money available,Everton FC should be looking at getting someone in charge with real pedigree.

Ancelotti for me.

Looking forward to seeing how Unsworth tries to get the best out of Sigurdsson. Think it could be crucial to whether he can keep the job permanently.

It’s hard to see how he can fit in many of our summer signings at the moment.

Currently in the land of Siggy at the moment and what I find interesting is that he is not only a hero which is obvious, but is highly regarded as not only a dedicated athlete but a gentleman as well. For me there are too few players in the current game who warrant this appellation, Seamus being another. It is increasingly rare to find players I can not only admire for their abilities but also respect for their attitude.

If he can get a free kick and slot it I can see his season taking off.

All about momentum and confidence.

The lad needs a goal. He has been poor this season, but I'll give him this, he never hides. He was getting some real stick at Brighton, but he keeps running, pressing, wanting the ball. It says a lot for his character, as frankly it would have been easy to bury his head and wonder quite what he'd let himself in for.

I'm pretty sure he will be in. He works hard, has quality of set pieces and is a threat from shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back