Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad needs a goal. He has been poor this season, but I'll give him this, he never hides. He was getting some real stick at Brighton, but he keeps running, pressing, wanting the ball. It says a lot for his character, as frankly it would have been easy to bury his head and wonder quite what he'd let himself in for.

I'm pretty sure he will be in. He works hard, has quality of set pieces and is a threat from shooting.

Never hides ?

Most of the time you don't even know he's on the pitch.

I hope he comes good, but he's been woeful so far.

Reminiscent of his time at Spurs

Clean slate time. I'm not singling out any player's performance under the clueless last six weeks of Koeman and I expect to see Sigurdsson and Keane especially improve massively and start justifying those huge price tags soon when played in a proper formation with some actual tactics. There's a reason we got excited about these signings, they're quality players!

Also reminiscent in that he's been managed by a clueless buffoon. Hopefully he can come good with better coaching

Couldn't agree more mate.

It's not his fault that he's nearly always been played out of position by Moonhead, as@Shibbywiggles says it's a clean slate.

But you've got to admit that apart from a worldee against Split, he hasn't looked anything other than a club record liability so far.

I really do hope he proves me wrong ;)

He's not been good enough. Being dropped is the right consequence.

Rooney hasn't been great either but he's done substantially more than Gylfi, who has been nothing short of a flop so far.

He has to impress when he comes on to earn his spot, as should be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back