Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately he's looking more and more like the worst piece of business we've done in the last 20 years.
Eh?
He worked his balls off today, created two tap ins, one from open play and one from a set piece.
Can he do better? Course he can. But he is absolutely not shirking the dirty work within a team that is quite clearly not being coached on how to attack and create pressure.

Unfortunately he's looking more and more like the worst piece of business we've done in the last 20 years.

Really? Today he got one assist, put one on a plate for DCL who should've buried it, and put in an amazing ball from a free-kick for which the ref seen a non-existent foul for. Nowhere near as bad as people are making out, I thought he was decent today, and worked his bollox off.

Eh?
He worked his balls off today, created two tap ins, one from open play and one from a set piece.
Can he do better? Course he can. But he is absolutely not shirking the dirty work within a team that is quite clearly not being coached on how to attack and create pressure.

Snap

Really? Today he got one assist, put one on a plate for DCL who should've buried it, and put in an amazing ball from a free-kick for which the ref seen a non-existent foul for. Nowhere near as bad as people are making out, I thought he was decent today, and worked his bollox off.

I agree with you that he's decent. That's the problem though. He's just an okay player. Spending £45m on a player, whose position we're covered for, when we have such vast gaps in our squad is terrible business.

To clarify, I don't think he's the worst player we've bought. Far from it. I do think he's the worst piece of business though. Imagine if we had got a striker in for £45m. Or a pacy winger. Even a centre half. A left back. We'd be a different team.

It's unfortunate for Gylfi but I cannot for the life of me see why we felt we needed him. Even at £10m.

I agree with you that he's decent. That's the problem though. He's just an okay player. Spending £45m on a player, whose position we're covered for, when we have such vast gaps in our squad is terrible business.

To clarify, I don't think he's the worst player we've bought. Far from it. I do think he's the worst piece of business though. Imagine if we had got a striker in for £45m. Or a pacy winger. Even a centre half. A left back. We'd be a different team.

It's unfortunate for Gylfi but I cannot for the life of me see why we felt we needed him. Even at £10m.

Deffo overpriced and we all know we need players in other positions, but I think he was better than what he has been today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back