2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way it was though mate, very VERY few players would have hit it, he was on the stretch which imo made it about 60% even harder. The odds of even getting it goalwards let alone on target would be low. So in a way it was a speculative effort but it was a special effort.

I'm 38 years old and in real time im.strugglimg to remember seeing such a sweet goal with a massive touch of genius about it.

I thought I would never see a better goal in Europe than Osman's v Larissa.

That was unreal tonight. Not many players could have done that. We have a very special player here.

He makes Iceland a threat at international level too.

Great signing.

Fair play to the lad 45 mins at Barnet, half an hour at city and then he produces that. Ironically instead of tiring he got stronger and stronger as the game went on. He's only been here 5 mins, but you could see an understanding developing with baines, who looked a different playing offensively when siguardsson drifted to the left.

I thought I would never see a better goal in Europe than Osman's v Larissa.

That was unreal tonight. Not many players could have done that. We have a very special player here.

He makes Iceland a threat at international level too.

Great signing.

I was at that game when Ossie scored that pearler and thought it was a great goal but it never felt like a WOW goal ( not sure why as it looks great every time I've seen it since on tv lol ) bit tonight that was a WOW goal and a half, unreal goal

Not much going on with him in the first half but in the second he was great, and an absolutely superb goal which he is more than capable of pulling off when the chance is there. He'll have enjoyed the 90 mins he got.

When was the last time we could play average and someone can pull that from nowhere. Let alone a keeper who you are confident he will save a pen. Very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back