Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the type of attacking mid that doesn't really give you a whole lot in terms of moving ball up field but can do the business around the box. Maybe in the summer we can find someone to play next to Gana or whoever that can do that. Having dribbles like Bolasie and Lookman play will also help

I can’t stop admiring his work rate, I know we didn’t pay £45m just for this but he never stops tracking back. If only Schneiderlin took note.

..you’re absolutely right, he really puts in a shift. I love the way he almost always ‘turns up’ in the opposition penalty box. A couple of the crosses that DCL missed, you see Sigurdsson nearby.

Great player, his lack of preseason gave him a slow start but now he looks to be coming into form, great work rate and quality player, the price tag is due to an inflated market thanks to teams like Man United and isn't his fault so he shouldn't be abused for it!

I didn’t think he was all that when we signed him, especially for that price, but he doesn’t half put a shift in and that finish was brilliant last night.

Glad it was passed to him to shoot out of all the others.

As others have rightly pointed out his workrate is phenomenal.
If only he didn't need to put in such tracking back to cover for Martina, then imagine what extra we could get out of him.
Some of the stick he has received is totally undeserved.
Playing as a number 10 he is miles better than Barkley is, or would ever be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back